Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Recommend a ground blind for whitetail deer bow hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default Recommend a ground blind for whitetail deer bow hunt

I've been looking online for ground blinds, I have had a Ameristep Doghouse and another mid size hub type blind, the doghouse is just too small, the hub blind I have is ok for rifle hunting, I am looking to get a larger blind which I can bow hunt from and have room to stand and shoot, anyone have any blinds they bowhunt from or have one to recommend?

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

A friend of mine has a Big Mike blind made by Barronett. 80" tall hub style blind. He swears by it.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #3

That's the one I'm thinking about ordering, it's the tallest I've been able to find besides the Big Mike XT or whatever it's called and that one's expensive

Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #4

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I don't like the store bought blinds. They encourage poachers to hunt your spot. Yes, if there are a lot of deer in your hunting area people are going to trespass. All you can do is make it harder for them to find your stands.

I live in a rural area. Lots of the woods have been hunted by the locals for generations. Urbanites lease a lot for hunting and build a bunch of blinds on it. Then the locals sneak in and hunt their blinds. They get all mad but I am thinking WTF did you expect to happen? To a lot of people posted signs mean good hunting here. I am not saying that they are right. I am only trying to say you can't change people.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #5

I don't believe blinds and trespassing are linked, for one thing to find a blind on private property one would already have to be trespassing in the first place wouldn't he? Where I live all private land is posted people here have gotten very greedy to the point of childishness over deer hunting especially over the last 25 years or so. The area I hunt is all public land in forest crop program and some state land, worst that can happen is a blind is stolen, haven't had it happen yet though I did lose a tree stand once.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 458

Check out the Ameristep Penthouse, I am 6' 4" and can stand up in one. It has 12 windows to shoot through.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #7

Will do havent come across that one yet.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Check out the Ameristep Penthouse, I am 6' 4" and can stand up in one. It has 12 windows to shoot through.
Just checked it out at Sportsmen's Guide, height looks good but the windos seem more for sitting and shooting a rifle rather than standing and shooting a bow? Why make the blind tall if they aren't making the windows tall enough for standing shot? Maybe its just an optical illusion hard to tell from pics online.