Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Generally I use fresh herbs, when I can get them, you know what I mean. I've never tried this with pen raised rabbits, only cotton-tails.

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is only one generation from extinction"
Pres. Ronald Reagan
Member; NRA, GOA, and TSRA. ResistNet.com member

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #22

Default Beaver and Sour Cream(recipe), really.

2-4lbs beaver cut into pieces
1/2 c flour
1tsp salt
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c water
1c Sour Cream
oil to fry in
1 onion sliced
Clean beaver and soak overnite in salted water(1tsp salt to 1 quart water).Drain and roll in flour seasoned with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp Paprika. Fry in oil till browned on all sides.Then cover beaver with sliced onions, sprinkle onions with salt and black pepper. Add 1/2 c water and cover tightly, simmer on low for 1 hr. Add 1 c Sour Cream in the last 15 mins of cooking. Serves 2-4 depending on size of animal. Good with wild rice and fresh greens.

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

Pres. Ronald Reagan

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 09-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #23

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukech1 View Post
2-4lbs beaver cut into pieces
1/2 c flour
1tsp salt
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c water
1c Sour Cream
oil to fry in
1 onion sliced
Clean beaver and soak overnite in salted water(1tsp salt to 1 quart water).Drain and roll in flour seasoned with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp Paprika. Fry in oil till browned on all sides.Then cover beaver with sliced onions, sprinkle onions with salt and black pepper. Add 1/2 c water and cover tightly, simmer on low for 1 hr. Add 1 c Sour Cream in the last 15 mins of cooking. Serves 2-4 depending on size of animal. Good with wild rice and fresh greens.
Wonder how that would work with raccoon. Ever tryed it?

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #24

Coons are pretty greasy, so you would probably par-boil them first to get some of the grease out. I do this before I bbq them. Then you would shorten the cooking time or they would turn to mush. Try it and let me know. To answer your question, no I have not tried this with raccon.

Thomas Jefferson

Pres. Ronald Reagan

Old 09-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #25

Default Baked dove and wild rice

Several dove breast, cleaned
1 box wild rice
1can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can milk
1 can water
1 medium onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in casserole pan, lay doves on top, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 2-2 1/2 hrs at 325 dergrees. Serve with a green salad and several glasses of good merlot.

Thomas Jefferson

Pres. Ronald Reagan

Old 09-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #26

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Coons are pretty greasy, so you would probably par-boil them first to get some of the grease out. I do this before I bbq them. Then you would shorten the cooking time or they would turn to mush. Try it and let me know. To answer your question, no I have not tried this with raccon.
Sounds good. I was asking because we have had a family of 5 of them or so poking around where they shouldnt be recently and were it not for my lack of CCI Mini-Mag HP's I would already have tryed it. lol. Gettin some .22 next thursday and Ill let ya know how it goes.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #27

Default Grilled Rattlesnake

1 medium to large Rattlesnake, cleaned and cut into 6" pieces
3 TBS Dijon Mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery powder
1/8 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine dry spices and mix well. Rub mixture over Rattler untill evenly coated. Rub thoroughly with Dijon untill meat is well coated again. Cover and marinate for about an hour. Grill over hot Mesquite coals for 15 to 20 mins or untill done. A good side would be grilled corn on the cob. Serve with chilled dry white wine or cold beer.

Thomas Jefferson

Pres. Ronald Reagan

Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #28

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
1 medium to large Rattlesnake...side would be grilled corn on the cob. Serve with chilled dry white wine or cold beer.
Besides the coon, I have got to get to TEXAS and chow down with you!!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #29

Come on down! Be glad to have you!

Thomas Jefferson

Pres. Ronald Reagan

Old 09-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #30

Default Tandoori Dove

Ok, so I like Tandoori chicken and decided that I would try it with a few dove. It's kickazz.
1 cup Greek yogurt(plain)
2 inches grated fresh ginger root
4 cloves garlic, grated
1 TBS chili powder
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground cumin
12-15 cleaned dove breasts
salt and freshly ground black pepper

This can be done in an oven or on a grill, I prefer a grill. Mix yougurt and all ingredients except salt and pepper in a bowl, salt and pepper doves to taste.
Mix dove and marinade in a large bowl or a large storage/freezer baggie, mix well. Seal and refrigerate for an hour or longer. Get your oven or grill ready, preheat your oven, or gas grill for 500 degrees or, build a good fire in the pit, I use mesquite and burn it down to coals. Anyway, a good hot fire. Put the dove breasts on indirect heat(grill), or in the oven, for 20 to 25 mins, or untill done. If using grill, open lid and place breasts over coals untill some charring occurs. For some reason tandoori spices do not really reach full flavor without some charring, not too much. I ate this with garlic humuus(sp) and pita bread, you can have almost any side with this.

While the fire is burning down, a couple of cold drinks, Mojito's or Cosmopolitan's, or, cold white wine, or cold beer, are in order.

Thomas Jefferson

Pres. Ronald Reagan