Re: varminting in Spenceville

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Re: varminting in Spenceville

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Re: varminting in Spenceville

Has anyone in the Northern California area gone and shot some ground squirrels out in Spenceville out behind Camp Far West? I am just looking for a spot to go smack some ground rats closer to home than Nevada or Surprise Valley.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #2

Liked 406 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

i do some turkey and deer hunting out there but never ground squirl i do that in the sutter basin only down side they really dont want you using .22s around here so i just use my .410 or .20 gauge

Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

While you have been out there stomping around flushing deer and gobbler have you ever taken any notice of mounds or anything at Spenceville? You'll have to forgive me, but where is Sutter Basin at? And I take it if they don't want you using a .22 there, I am assuming that an AR in .223 aint gonna fly either.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #4

Liked 406 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

you no i never really noticed or its very hilly terrain kinda rocky so i dont no if its ideal terrain for ground squirrels tree squirrels might be more abundent out there but thats not fact pretty good bass fishing back up in there if you dont mind walking a little bit the sutter basin is north west of sacramento 15 or 20 minutes lots of pheasant and duck hunting around here also tons of ground squirrels