Re-introducing wolves - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Re-introducing wolves

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 35

The photo was published (January 7,2010) in "The Recorder-Herald" the local paper of Salmon, Idaho and Lemhi County.

The caption under the photo reads.

Quote:
"THIS LARGE MALE wolf was killed by Jeff Waite as it was poaching a cow elk on private property above his house on December 31. He couldn't lift it because of its tremendous weight and therefore skinned it."
For reference Jeff Waite is just over six foot tall. His 70 lb German Shepperd is in the lower right hand corner of the photo. As you can these animals are huge.
wolf.jpg  

Last edited by buckfynn; 05-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #62

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Heidi Leavitt shot this wolf around Spring Creek approximately 40+ miles outside of Salmon, Idaho. Sure is pretty country in that area in the winter.
wolf1.jpg   wolf2.jpg  

Old 05-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #63

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
Also, I enjoyed that photo-shopped image that has been floating around the internet for many years, it is comical indeed.
It's not a photo shopped image, kinda funny when more images show up that show different animals of the same size. So, like I said before- maybe you don't know what you are talking about. You need to stop spreading lies on the internet and maybe do more research to find out the truth. It seems you are very emotional about this subject but the fact keeps coming up the same and your postings of poems don't cut it. Please come to Idaho and go hunting for the wolf.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #64

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
It's not a photo shopped image, kinda funny when more images show up that show different animals of the same size. So, like I said before- maybe you don't know what you are talking about. You need to stop spreading lies on the internet and maybe do more research to find out the truth. It seems you are very emotional about this subject but the fact keeps coming up the same and your postings of poems don't cut it. Please come to Idaho and go hunting for the wolf.
Well son, with all due respect, and sadly, very little, it looks like to me you need to get out there in the Idaho wilderness and hunt some of them damn wolves down, instead of sitting around here bitching and complaining about them.

Or...are you just interested in shooting photographs and your mouth off?

BTW, Heidi Leavitt looks to be just about under 5 feet tall, looking at that picture of the wolf and that rifle propped up there in the snow. A well fed Gray wolf can get over 5 feet in length

Large wolf (hunting photo) - Page 2 - snopes.com

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #65

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
BTW, Heidi Leavitt looks to be just about under 5 feet tall, looking at that picture of the wolf and that rifle propped up there in the snow. A well fed Gray wolf can get over 5 feet in length
Apparently you have never met Heidi Leavitt personally or her husband Rishor.

The following photo shows Heidi's wolf with her husband in the picture.
wolf3.jpg  

Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #66

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfynn View Post
Apparently you have never met Heidi Leavitt personally or her husband Rishor.

The following photo shows Heidi's wolf with her husband in the picture.
No I have not. And your point?

Hell for all I know he's under 5 foot as well. Maybe the next picture you post you can have them both standing next to a visible height chart.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This horse is dead. Kindly dismount.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Closed Thread