Re-introducing wolves - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Re-introducing wolves

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Even the bounty hunters who took wolves knew that they were vital to the ecosystems. When the game levels up north decreased, the government sent researchers up to investigate, and they proved conclusively that it was due to over hunting by humans, not wolves. In fact an apex predator, like the wolf, is more likely to keep game at better levels. I'm sure you've all taken part in hunts with higher than normal bag limits because the deer are all starving and dying because of lack of food, where people can just hold out some hay and kill the deer with a ball peen hammer. Wolves and animals like that keep it from happening and keep the animals moving to areas with more food. Frank Glaser, one of the more accomplished wolf hunters, said himself that wolves were vital, and could not imagine this country without them.
None of this is true out west. Idaho Montana and Wyoming got the larger Canadian Gray Wolves in the reintroduction. There is no balance from these wolves. They just kill until the game is gone. In Wisconsin they have the smaller Timber Wolf. Out west the wolf has been a major screw up.
http://www.ktvb.com/home/Former-candidate-urges-residents-to-kill-wolves-112014154.html
Otter signs wolf disaster bill into law | KTVB.COM Boise

Last edited by Flat Tire; 05-13-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1346 Posts
Likes Given: 3900

i applaud the US congress for having the guts to attach wolf de-listing to the budget bill. Hundreds of millions, maybe even billions, of federal taxpayer dollars have been spent since some bureaucrat in DC came up with the insane idea to bring Canadian wolves to the Rocky mountain west. Low hundreds of employees in the federal government make a living off wolves. Wolf litigation has cost tens of millions of dollars and the situation is still not resolved.

It's my sincere hope that the SCOTUS upholds this action by the US congress. i believe that it will.

The idea that bureaucrats in DC and the so called "animal rights activists" are more qualified than the US congress to settle this issue does not pass the common sense test.

Last edited by alsaqr; 05-13-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
None of this is true out west. Idaho Montana and Wyoming got the larger Canadian Gray Wolves in the reintroduction. There is no balance from these wolves. They just kill until the game is gone. In Wisconsin they have the smaller Timber Wolf. Out west the wolf has been a major screw up.
Former gov candidate urges residents to kill wolves | KTVB.COM Boise
Otter signs wolf disaster bill into law | KTVB.COM Boise
Timber wolf: other common name: "Gray Wolf". Family: "Canidae". Species classification: "Canus lupis". Related to the jackal, coyote, and domestic dog.

Timber wolf = Gray wolf = same species = no difference.

With all due respect, you really should know your animals. Especially if you plan on hunting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
i applaud the US congress for having the guts to attach wolf de-listing to the budget bill. Hundreds of millions, maybe even billions, of federal taxpayer dollars have been spent since some bureaucrat in DC came up with the insane idea to bring Canadian wolves to the Rocky mountain west. Low hundreds of employees in the federal government make a living off wolves. Wolf litigation has cost tens of millions of dollars and the situation is still not resolved.

It's my sincere hope that the SCOTUS upholds this action by the US congress. i believe that it will.

The idea that bureaucrats in DC and the so called "animal rights activists" are more qualified than the US congress to settle this issue does not pass the common sense test.
You do have some good points here, however, BIOLOGISTS are tasked with conservation, listing, and delisting of species by way of the Endangered Species Act. The reintroductions were provided for through the official endangered species recovery plan that was written by biologists, not bureaucrats.

The only task given to Congress was to establish a means to provide a mechanism for BIOLOGISTS to make the determination, through the best available science, of whether an animal is threatened, endangered, or not. Period. Congress should not be making these determinations, they are not qualified to do so. That is where the separation of powers provided for in the constitution comes into play.

I don't understand how you can uphold, and even fight for one part of the constitution without upholding other parts.

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #24

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
Timber wolf: other common name: "Gray Wolf". Family: "Canidae". Species classification: "Canus lupis". Related to the jackal, coyote, and domestic dog.

Timber wolf = Gray wolf = same species = no difference.
Show me an Eastern US (Timber) Wolf that looks like an Idaho Wolf-
Go back to school and learn to read- quit spreading your trash without facts to back it up !!!
http://oi43.tinypic.com/153pd1k.jpg

Last edited by Flat Tire; 05-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #25

Liked 813 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 249

Easy guys. Many animals are different in different areas of the US. Look at the little whitetail deer we have all over the southwest compared to the midwest whitetails. I would think that anyone who studied the Yellowstone wolf release would have to agree that it cost the state and US taxpayers alot of money. And it was boondoggle. No matter how you feel about wolves it was a mess and it still is, with huge amounts of money still being thrown to the wind. Plus there are many upset,angry people. But none of us here can really do anything about it. That area up there is a way different place than it was 150 years ago. Did they think about that before they started the motors on the helicopters to get the wolves? It took 60 years or more of everyone shooting, trapping, poisoning, and killing most of the wolf's prey animals to get rid of them last time. They are here to stay this time. Live with it.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #26

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

They started re-introducing bears back in New Jersey.

That was a tasty pick.

Obviously not the decision makers in that state's finest moment...

Old 05-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #27

A word of caution to the wise: posting of illegal activity on a public forum is never a good idea...The federal penalty for killing an animal protected under the Endangered Species Act is a maximum $100,000 fine and a year in prison.

Food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the numbers sir, they have been taken off the protected species list. so come get me. but before they could ever do anything to me they would have to first of all prove that i was not just pulling all of this out of my ass, and that i ever DID kill any wolves. seems like quite a long shot to me. but thank you sir for looking out for me.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1346 Posts
Likes Given: 3900

Biologist in the employ of the federal government=bureaucrat.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:19 AM   #29

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Here you go fool- they are all gray wolves but subspecies vary from region to region. The Canadian Wolves they reintroduced in Idaho are these. Please note the size can be 150 lbs.

British Columbian Wolf - Canis lupus columbianus

And the east coast Timber Wolf is 100 lbs max with an average male at 75 lbs.

Eastern Timber Wolf - Canis lupus lycaon

Do you need more info ??? And maybe you should stop posting if you don't know anything-

It's like the Grizzlies in Alaska. The ones by the coast are bigger and brown, the ones in the interior are smaller and blond. It's the same species, just with different diets.

Vae Victis

Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 AM   #30

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
The hell type of nonsense is that? Since when has congress been qualified to do anything? Congress is what funded Saddam Hussein. Congress is what started the Commie hunt. Congress usually has a lower approval rating than whatever President is in term. In fact, for something like this, I believe a decent portion of completely random U.S. citizens would be more qualified. At least they might have read a book or saw a show on the History channel or something.

Vae Victis

Closed Thread