Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Re-introducing wolves (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/re-introducing-wolves-33114/)

Davyboy 10-16-2010 05:43 PM

Re-introducing wolves

Is it really a good idea to re-introduce these animals to places they no longer frequent. I have my doubts.

Cop fears beasts will wolf him down | The Sun |News

LONGHAIR 10-17-2010 06:18 PM

That was a crazzy video, Those wolf's came out of no-wear!!!

doctherock 10-17-2010 06:43 PM

By the way the cop was walking across the road afterwords I can deduce that he may have sh!t himself.

dunerunner 10-17-2010 06:53 PM

We could use some of those in D.C.!!

Great Vid, Davy!! :D

Flat Tire 10-19-2010 02:56 PM

Here is the latest wolf problem in Idaho, this was in yesterdays paper-
Idaho will no longer manage wolves under the Endangered Species Act | KTVB.COM | KTVB.COM | Boise, Idaho news

hawkman1 01-04-2011 12:18 PM

This year in Minnesota. We got no deer up in Northern Minnesota from our group. The first day consisted of 3 Timber Wolves running around the property. We did not see any deer the next 3 days after that. I just can't wait till I can take a shot and get rid of some of them in the area. We have found two packs running around the area that we hunt this year.

spittinfire 01-04-2011 01:00 PM

I am not a fan of reintroducing them. They are hunters and don't care what they hunt. They will kill deer, livestock, pets, and I believe humans just like they did in the past. A wolf has a place and it is no where near me.

rjd3282 01-04-2011 01:39 PM

Did you see the numbers and how it was reported? 1.7 millon dollars spent for wolves. The reporter said the state paid some and the federal government paid some. Really? The government didn't pay jack for them we the tax payers did. I wish every time someone says the "government" paid they would use the words "tax payers". The government doesn't generate it's own income they steal it from us. 1.7 millon for wild dogs. Wonder why we are broke?

Fisherking 01-05-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkman1 (Post 414830)
This year in Minnesota. We got no deer up in Northern Minnesota from our group. The first day consisted of 3 Timber Wolves running around the property. We did not see any deer the next 3 days after that. I just can't wait till I can take a shot and get rid of some of them in the area. We have found two packs running around the area that we hunt this year.

Around here we use the three s rule " SHOOT, SHOVEL, AND SHUTUP;).
Wolves and cyotes are reaking havok on our deer populations.
F.K.

Catfish 01-05-2011 10:29 PM

I used to work with a guy that had a pair of them for several years. He never used the causion he should had and one fine day when the female was in heat he went in to feed them. Had his son not been there to beat the wolf off with a scope shovel it would have killed him. As it trunned out he was only unable to work for 6 years, but he did get back to work. If you have never seen one up close, they make a coyote look like begal. Just what I want running around here.