Rabbit snare - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Rabbit snare

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1899 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 2136

Default Rats.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
We don't eat jackrabbits. We just blow em up. Be about like eating a rat.
Meat from one jackrabbit, deboned, add equal amout of pork and fat. run through meat grinder, [ coarse grind] season to taste. stuff this in hog casing. slow cook on pit till just done........Bon apetit.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum

Meat from one jackrabbit, deboned, add equal amout of pork and fat. run through meat grinder, [ coarse grind] season to taste. stuff this in hog casing. slow cook on pit till just done........Bon apetit.......
The last ribbit I got close enough to had its skin crawling with ticks. You go ahead and eat em. I ll just eat one of ropes cows

Old 03-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Whats for dinner.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84 View Post
The last ribbit I got close enough to had its skin crawling with ticks. You go ahead and eat em. I ll just eat one of ropes cows
We will see what you'll eat when the cows are gone and the only thing out there is Jack and his cousins... I don't eat a lot of things but when the S$$$ hits the fan I'm sure I'll develop a taste for certain critters......

Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

We will see what you'll eat when the cows are gone and the only thing out there is Jack and his cousins... I don't eat a lot of things but when the S$$$ hits the fan I'm sure I'll develop a taste for certain critters......
When that time come I might! Till them I'll just make em into little rabbit bits. To each his own.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Y'all sound like starving pigmys. I'll sell ya all the beef ya want. $2 a pound. Jack rabbit stew won't ever cross your mind again. Triple stamp it!

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The Western Jack Rabbit or in this area the Antelope Jack is not what flat landers call a Jack rabbit. These are big tall sacks of bones covered with ever bug that lives in the Sage brush. They would be great for vegans as they are about meatless. Their coats turn white in the winter and brown in the summer. They can and do great damage to hay stacks. They can run in packs as big as hundred critters at a time. Drift fences are some time used to trap them and club them to death. Every thing is bigger in the Rocky Mtns.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
The Western Jack Rabbit or in this area the Antelope Jack is not what flat landers call a Jack rabbit. These are big tall sacks of bones covered with ever bug that lives in the Sage brush. They would be great for vegans as they are about meatless. Their coats turn white in the winter and brown in the summer. They can and do great damage to hay stacks. They can run in packs as big as hundred critters at a time. Drift fences are some time used to trap them and club them to death. Every thing is bigger in the Rocky Mtns.
They get so thick sometimes my barrel gets hotter than hell!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default On the cuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
Y'all sound like starving pigmys. I'll sell ya all the beef ya want. $2 a pound. Jack rabbit stew won't ever cross your mind again. Triple stamp it!
Do you deliver......I don't go to auctions, but I sure as hell can butcher my own beef........Grass fed beef O natural has a completely diff. taste than beef run thru the mill..........what say you......

Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Do you deliver......I don't go to auctions, but I sure as hell can butcher my own beef........Grass fed beef O natural has a completely diff. taste than beef run thru the mill..........what say you......
Gimme a call..er... PM me this fall. I'd deliver if it ain't too far... I'm just outside Ogden Utah... So... We use a USDA approved butcher up in Brigham City. Does a good job.

I'm with you though. Meat from the supermarket is terrible.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool

Gimme a call..er... PM me this fall. I'd deliver if it ain't too far... I'm just outside Ogden Utah... So... We use a USDA approved butcher up in Brigham City. Does a good job.

I'm with you though. Meat from the supermarket is terrible.
I'll vouch on the quality of his beef! I think I've had the best roast ever. And I'm not just saying that cause he's my friend. I don't even like the guy!