Questions for bear hunters. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Questions for bear hunters.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Squirrel brains will make ya smart ya know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
With some good tender southern lovin, squirrel can come out delicious.

Coon, squirrel, and even possum when properly aged and properly prepared will give pork or chicken a long hard run for their money.

I'd be willing to bet if I had a fresh bear roast cut off and handed to me, I could age it in ice for about 4 days with the plug pulled on the ice chest. Then bore some 3/4 holes to the center and put my medium-large game tenderizer and seasoning in there and slow cooked it in a roux or gravy it would fall apart like every other tough game I've cooked. If it didn't, I'd repeat the process the next time except instead of the holes I'd slice it into steaks, tenderize it, let it marinade in my game marinade for 24-48 hours and A) grill it by searing both sides at a high temp and then cook it slow and low to medium rare. Or B) double batter it in Italian bread crumbs and parm cheese and deep fry it.

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 10-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2265 Times on 1244 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
Squirrel brains will make ya smart ya know
LOL! Maybe that's why I'm such a dummy.

Any internal organ.... That's where I gotta draw the line! YUK!!!!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

purehavoc Likes This