You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Problems with the Rem7oo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7455 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperhound View Post
No over-adjustment of the triggers was mentioned at any time in the documentary.

I still have the recording of the documentary & wish I could post it so all could see the video evidence.

P.S. I hate the liberal commie media as much as anybody but I think people that are looking for the truth should know both sides of the issue.

I hope I've dotted all my I's & crossed my T's just right in relating this information so that Remington liars (lawyers) don't come after me for posting this.
that whole cnbc thing was totally fictitous. of ourse they didnt mention it as that would bust the myth of their "documentory"

we have all seen it ts complete bunk

the only side is the issue is made up.

they wont come after you.

this problem can be replicated easily the same way that msnbc rigged it by adjusting the screw that controls the trigger pull weight too light. ive got a rem 700 and if i adjust it too light it will go off with a light tap.

please dont spread this msnbc propoganda any further.

if you want to pick on a gun with real design flaws go research glock 45acp kabooms and the reason glock debuted the 45gap. if your gonna post junk about guns being unsafe pick one that actually is.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 02-22-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
that whole cnbc thing was totally fictitous. of ourse they didnt mention it as that would bust the myth of their "documentory"

we have all seen it ts complete bunk

the only side is the issue is made up.

this problem can be replicated easily the same way that msnbc rigged it by adjusting the screw that controls the trigger pull weight too light. ive got a rem 700 and if i adjust it too light it will go off with a light tap.

please dont spread this msnbc propoganda any further.

if you want to pick on a gun with real design flaws go research glock 45acp kabooms and the reason glock debuted the 45gap. if your gonna post junk about guns being unsafe pick one that actually is.

Complete bunk? I saw it with my own eyes on video, and if you watched it like you say you did then you witnessed it also.

Are you trying to tell me that all those cops & border patrol agents and Marines etc were just a bunch of guys who dressed up as police officers etc. and pretended to do those things?

The last time I checked that constituted a felony.

How did they get the guns to go off when they touched the safeties or the bolt handles on video?

Just because you can cause it to misfire by adjusting the trigger wrong does that mean that the thousands of people ALL did it?

You can run over a nail and get a flat tire. Does that mean that if you have a flat tire it had to be caused by a nail?

What Police S.W.A.T. sniper is going to be so stupid as to do that to his duty rifle and endanger his fellow officers or cause a wrongful death and have the Dept sued or have riots because of it?

What about the Armoreres that stored & prepared the rifles for the U.S.M.C. sniper school Are you trying to tell us that they were so dumb that they did it also?

The last time I checked rookies are not used on S.W.A.T. Teams, and if they were they wouldn't be allowed to set the triggers on their rifles.

What about the engineer who designed the gun and the other Remington engineer? Are you trying to tell us that they're lying about it also and the memos were forgeries? You're talking about grounds for big time law suits there.

Oh I see, it's all a big conspiracy to "pick on" Remington

Last edited by Striperhound; 02-22-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #23

Liked 46 Times on 39 Posts

Ok so a few thousands instances happened with the 700 Do you know just how MANY 700 rifles out out there on the market?

You take the total number of remington 700 rifles out there and then you take 2000 and divide that by the millions of rifles manufactured and tell me what the rate of failure is. It is a lot lower than any auto maker has.

They were more than likely dirty, had been adjusted by an owner and not a gunsmith. Plus if you put it on safe pull the trigger and FLIP it to fire it may or may not cause the problem. I have had remington 700 rifles my entire life never once did we have a single problem with them.

Also this is not taking into account the remington modes 721, 600, 660, XP-100, and 40-x all of which share the same trigger.

If you don't like remington go buy a savage. Good lord.

BTW you seen what they wanted you to see. They show you the instance of the malfunction. They don't show you what they did leading up to that they also don't show you the gun being checked over by a qualified gunsmith do they?

Dude just because a guy has SWAT on his chest doesn't make him an expert on all things Remington. ANY cop can be come a SWAT officer if they pass the test.

If you are that worried send me all your remington 700's and I will be a nice guy and even pay the shipping to my FFL. Now I need a place to get Timney triggers in bulk.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7455 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperhound View Post
Complete bunk? I saw it with my own eyes on video, and if you watched it like you say you did then you witnessed it also.

Are you trying to tell me that all those cops & border patrol agents and Marines etc were just a bunch of guys who dressed up as police officers etc. and pretended to do those things?

The last time I checked that constituted a felony.

How did they get the guns to go off when they touched the safeties or the bolt handles on video?

Just because you can cause it to misfire by adjusting the trigger wrong does that mean that the thousands of people ALL did it?

You can run over a nail and get a flat tire. Does that mean that if you have a flat tire it had to be caused by a nail?

What Police S.W.A.T. sniper is going to be so stupid as to do that to his duty rifle and endanger his fellow officers or cause a wrongful death and have the Dept sued or have riots because of it?

What about the Armoreres that stored & prepared the rifles for the U.S.M.C. sniper school Are you trying to tell us that they were so dumb that they did it also?

The last time I checked rookies are not used on S.W.A.T. Teams, and if they were they wouldn't be allowed to set the triggers on their rifles.

What about the engineer who designed the gun and the other Remington engineer? Are you trying to tell us that they're lying about it also and the memos were forgeries? You're talking about grounds for big time law suits there.

Oh I see, it's all a big conspiracy to "pick on" Remington
swat team members cops snipers have a tendency to do their own maintenance in some cases. i am not under any romantic notions that all cops are shining examples of goodness. none of the "faulty" rifles were ever returned to remington for evaluation and when reps actually went to inspect the problem could not be duplicated. since logical thought says that there is an easy method of duplicating this and it is by the user maladjusting the trigger... well the most liekly answer to the question is the end user mucking with the weapon. and yes marines swat and the average joe can and do play with their guns and will tinker with them on their own. dont believe me go join the military and get some amorer training and spend some time in a arms room or weapon depot.

swat team members in austin were caught dui and their team members tried covering it up. not all cops are honest even swat.

i only own one remington product. i dont even like rem oil. im not a fanboy by any stretch but there is nothing at all wrong with the 700 or there would be millions of posts about the issue if it existed on the interweb. pull your head out.

you would think there would be issues of this "problem" outside of msnbc showing up if it was real.

if you dont like remington dont buy em. if msnbc says the sun is shining i would go check and see for myself before believing a thing they say. there is no corroboration from the msnbc report there are no 1000's of police having any issue with 700's. and the main geezer they talked to didnt even work on the 700.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 02-22-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #25

Actually, I have no problem with Remmington other than this issue, it's just that on one hand someone (or even half a dozen people) that I don't know told me that there's nothing wrong with the guns and gave me no evidence to support their statement.

On the other hand, when I see video evidence to the contrary I tend to give more weight to what I saw on the video.

You guys made some good points though and in fact after reading all the posts by guys that love the 700 so much my next rifle will most likely be a Remington 700, but it'll be the X Mark Pro.

Believe it or not my only reason for the post was so that others would be aware of the problem and that maybe someone's life would be saved.

P.S. I just watched the video evidence posted here & I have to agree with the other posters-- the C.N.B.C. video was bogus. Thanks for educating me. The 700 looks like a great rifle.

Last edited by Striperhound; 02-22-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #26

Liked 46 Times on 39 Posts

over 2 million rifles made and 2000 have had this happen. Really That is 1/10 of 1% That is an exceptional track record in my book I don't care who you are.

How many recalls does your car have on it?

I have 2 one of which may cause my car to explode. This was on 2 years of 5 different makes of GM cars. They don't even send a letter to tell you. My Beretta Neos had a recall I got a letter email and it was sent to every major gun mag on the planet.

Go figure. Look at child safety seats. You will crap yourself if you see all the recalls on them.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I own a 700 in 7mm rem mag, I've never had it happen I even went and tested it after watching this video nothing happened. Yes I understand it does happen but mine works fine and I'm glad that it does.

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 02-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #28

striperhound, I'm with ya. As for JonM...well he sounds like one that would tell you the sky ain't blue on a cloudless day. I have had a few 700s over the years & never had a problem. However, I know 2 others who have had this very problem. Both of which would fire when pushing the safety off & BOTH WERE FACTORY SET TRIGGERS. I too saw "Rem under fire". It's hard to argue with that info.

Teach a child to shoot, it may save a life someday!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yall can believe whatever the heck you want! I don't blame Remmington, I blame Home Depot and Lowes!! These places have convinced folks they can do any repairs or construction project they can come up with!!! SOME PEOPLE should NOT touch TOOLS!!!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Yall can believe whatever the heck you want! I don't blame Remmington, I blame Home Depot and Lowes!! These places have convinced folks they can do any repairs...
I guess I missed that Saturday morning DIY session on "How to tweek your trigger with Anus Andy"...I mean really; are you serious? This is like blaming an auto parts store for people having auto accidents! I think your lid is loose!

Teach a child to shoot, it may save a life someday!