Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Prairie dogs and ground squirrels..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Prairie dogs and ground squirrels..

In California, was talked to a buddy of mine. About how can I get on someone land to shoot these Pesky Varmint. He told me I have to talk to a farmer to get good with him to shoot my .22 on his land. But what's a good way to go about doing that ? If there is a good way of doing that.
Any tips or hints on the though ?

Last edited by brockly; 08-23-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #2

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

You can ask around at local stores if any has problems with prairie dogs or squirrels that would let someone help get rid of them.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #3

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly
In California, was talked to a buddy of mine. About how can I get on someone land to shoot these Pesky Varmint. He told me I have to talk to a farmer to get good with him to shoot my .22 on his land. But what's a good way to go about doing that ? If there is a good way of doing that.
You could also try Kijiji. Sill as it sounds, it's worked for people I know. Basically put an Ad up saying you're offering free Varmint control.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #4

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly View Post
This was years ago
My Dad and his hunting buddy would travel out of state to Iowa with a couple cases of jars of honey and just go farm to farm asking permission to pheasant hunt.

You would be surprised how much hunting ground they were allowed to hunt pheasant on.