Post Your Trophees!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Post Your Trophees!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Post Your Trophees!

I know there are hunters here. So post up some pictures of your hunts!!

I can't wait to go deer hunting! I'm all out of deer jerky, my favorite!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2008, 05:31 AM   #2

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Here's my wall. I've shot a lot more deer but this is my biggest plus my only boar so far.

boar-006-medium-small-.jpg  

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I don't really have any trophies except for my first deer and a 25" trout that I caught in North Georgia. I have a few racks laying around, but nothing big. I've killed a couple really nice hogs, but most of the time I just shoot the 75-125lbers. This year has been a bad one for me though. Two weeks left in the season and I got my first deer this morning, a 130lb doe.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
Cub

Default Big Bull Moose

I don't know if many of you hunt moose but here goes. All I got to do this year was watched a small bull moose walk in front of my blind about 200 yards away, but here in Canada you need to be drawned a tag to shoot an adult moose, if you don't get a tag you can only shoot a calf. So I got to look but not shoot.
On the other hand one of my cousins who had a tag for another unit here in Ontario shot this beauty. 67" rack on this thing and a whole lot of steaks!

orignal2007076.jpg  

Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 AM   #5

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

OMG!!!!! Beautiful moose!! Great spread and mass. That's gonna be some great eating!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-08-2008, 06:46 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Is the meat from those big bulls any good? I know a big buck can be tough and stronger tasting than a smaller deer.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Cub

Usually, they tend to be tougher than the smaller animal. But if you can hang the animal up 8 to 10 days in a sutable place, the meat will be fine and tasty.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #8

Default good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Here's my wall. I've shot a lot more deer but this is my biggest plus my only boar so far.
I stambled over your saing of Jeff,, and its quite right. try to live here in Denmark with our weapon law.
In Denmark you have the right to get kicked or stabed until the police arrives. Sad but true.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't hunt trophies. I hunt MEAT!

Translation- I haven't shot anything worth bragging about

I shot a decent sized white tail (doe) last weekend. 180 yard shot with a Contender carbine in 7-30 Waters. It was a quartering shot that entered just behind the shoulder an exited the opposite ham. However, even though it completely destoyed the chest cavity it didn't harm any meat.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #10
Cub

Just found out that this bull moose was shot in New Brunswick, so whoever shot it Congradulation. It's a Magnificiant bull moose.