Poaching wildlife after hunting season, questions? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Poaching wildlife after hunting season, questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

There is an area in the 'Glades I go to and it's quite common to see gators without heads (mounts) and tails (meat).

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #52

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
There is an area in the 'Glades I go to and it's quite common to see gators without heads (mounts) and tails (meat).
It was kinda BOLD after all it was off the turnpike I95

Old 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1897 Times on 1350 Posts
Likes Given: 2132

Default A man called Duck...........

Years ago this person could not stop at killing ducks no matter what. The lone game warden swore that one day he would catch him in the act. The warden made this a war against this one Poacher. Well he caught the Poacher in the act of killing ducks. They found his body with his chest cut open and a duck stuffed in side. They never could prove that Duck killed the Game Warden. True story????? Depends on who you ask in this part of La......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #54

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

All I gotta say is that poaching is a crime, it is the same as robbery. Poachers rob me and I don't like it.
Yes I agree that confiscation of everything involved in the commission of the crime should be confiscated as well as imposition of heavy fines. It should be just that way for all crimes committed.
Just watch the evening news here in the Atlanta, Ga. area its all about crime.
I would rather give someone something just don't steal from me.
All criminals---especially poachers--who rob me of my most enjoyable sport should be procuted to the full extent of the law.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #55

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I herd that in Wisconsin where I live that if a person shots and kills say a deer out of season and you get caught by the DNR they have the power to fine you max.1500, you wont be able to hunt,fish or trap for 5 years and say the deer touches the pick up bed you put it in the bed the DNR can take your truck away! now my qustion is is this to extream? I mean they fine you take your hunting fishing trapping away and now your truck!do you think that they should have that much POWER? I think the DNR should have less power and authority on what they can do.

The laws are in place for a very good reason for sure and I can agree with that. But with that said; if I lived out in the country and wanted a turkey dinner or the meat supply was getting low, I would shoot one from my own property if there was enough available to repopulate what I took.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 07-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #56

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

We should all respect the laws to the T,but if I saw someone poaching that I KNEW was hungry or poor I wouldn't say a word.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 07-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #57

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know a person who worked in the woods in the UP he was a new father and husband and low on money but he and the guys he worked with killed alot of deer to feed their familys.Now there NOTHING WITH WHAT HE DID.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #58

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

There is Poaching and there is being a man and feeding your family any way you can.

I have no problem with a man taking a deer or two out of season to feed his family IF THAT is what he has to do.

If I know you are hungry and your family will go hungry if you don't bring home some meat. I am like shultz "I SEE NOTHING"...

Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #59

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I guess you guys have given me a new outlook. If the poacher has no job, no hopes of getting one (Obamazation) and his family is hungry, then taking game to eat and feed them, although illegal, would not be frowned upon. I too would have to look the other way, because in a real SHTF scenario, we all will do the same.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #60

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Doesn't it come down to compassion and common sense?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello