Poaching wildlife after hunting season, questions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Poaching wildlife after hunting season, questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Poaching wildlife after hunting season, questions?

I herd that in Wisconsin where I live that if a person shots and kills say a deer out of season and you get caught by the DNR they have the power to fine you max.1500, you wont be able to hunt,fish or trap for 5 years and say the deer touches the pick up bed you put it in the bed the DNR can take your truck away! now my qustion is is this to extream? I mean they fine you take your hunting fishing trapping away and now your truck!do you think that they should have that much POWER? I think the DNR should have less power and authority on what they can do.

Last edited by canebrake; 07-21-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1193 Posts
Likes Given: 1225

Nope,

If you think that is tough! Tennessee has similar laws!
You will be also fined, your gun taken and sold at auction. And if your vehicle is involved they can take it also. I know some guys that were running another guys trout line in the middle of the night. TWRA caught them. They were arrested and Jailed, lost their boat and motor and they were going to take the truck and trailer since the boat had been transported to the lake to commit the crime. I am not clear if they finally got the truck and trailer but it was towed and impounded? Moral of the story do not violate the law. If it was in the case of starving I could understand but I do not think we are there yet!
If people were allowed to get by with poaching the hunting season would not be near as good if good at all, for those of us who follow the law and pay our license fees to support the wildlife programs.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I herd that in Wisconsin where I live that if a person shots and kills say a deer out of season and you get caught by the DNR they have the power to fine you max.1500, you wont be able to hunt,fish or trap for 5 years and say the deer touches the pick up bed you put it in the bed the DNR can take your truck away! now my qustion is is this to extream? I mean they fine you take your hunting fishing trapping away and now your truck!do you think that they should have that much POWER? I think the DNR should have less power and authority on what they can do.
Good, poaching and illegal harvesting is wrong. There has to be some control over hunting and fishing.

Without some form of extreme penalties, there would be more poaching and illegal activities. Let's face it if someone takes the privilege of hunting away for 5 years, what's to stop that person from going out and hunting without a license. Take away something of value, most poachers won't do it again, then again there are some professional poachers who will poach no matter what.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

It's called poaching for a reason. Do you object to police seizing cars and boats of drug dealers?

Yes, if you get caught poaching you should face very stiff penalties. there is a season to hunt, you have made the choice to hunt outside of that season. You already have every technological advantage under the sun, you want have free reign to hunt to extinction as well?

No, I dont feel the punishment is too harsh. There should be extenuating circumstances however if the vehicle is the only one the family has for work/transport and loss would result in undo hardship.

JD

Old 07-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Not extreme at all. In Oregon, I believe they can impose a fine and confiscate everything involved in the commission of the crime. Your boat, truck, rifle, pistol, fishing gear, hunting knife, everything; if you choose to poach, fish for and keep undersized or protected species or exceed the bag limit.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think thats in every State! its just some hunting laws are STUPID! if you put up a ground blind now you have to put a 144 sq.inch hunting orange square on all sides!.The DNR is not to friendly to hunters in Wis. the license go up every year it seams bag limets are low to get a bear lic. in this State take about 5 8 years!

Old 07-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #7

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
I think thats in every State! its just some hunting laws are STUPID! if you put up a ground blind now you have to put a 144 sq.inch hunting orange square on all sides!.The DNR is not to friendly to hunters in Wis. the license go up every year it seams bag limets are low to get a bear lic. in this State take about 5 8 years!
The blaze orange is for a hunters protection from other hunters. If they see the orange on the blind, they should think that it's occupied and not shoot in that direction.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2783 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 1213

Isn't Wisconsin the latest to get CCW?

That came about by the voters. The regulations have to be passed by the Wisconsin government. Legal means by bill passage can change things.

I agree that poaching is not morally or ethically correct.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #9

Liked 2388 Times on 1070 Posts
Likes Given: 2295

Yes poaching is wrong but you should not have your possesions confiscated. They started that with drug busts now hunting, where will it stop? They don't take your shoes for J walking........yet. You aren't relieved of your belongings if you murder a fellow human but if you illegally kill an animal they can take your stuff.

Get caught drinking and driving they don't take your car..........yet. I think government has way to much power and I don't like the idea of giving them more. The problem is once you let them do it for this crime then they start doing it for everything. And they will do it slowly adding to the list just like they do for taxes and gun control. They don't want the frog to jump out of the pot.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1831 Times on 1306 Posts
Likes Given: 2070

Default Poached Eggs.........

Quote:
Please define poaching and or surviving. There is a difference. Poaching in England on the Kings land. These people were looking to survive because thier government taxed them into starvation......Whats in my yard is mine and if it is edidble, guess what. Keep your dog and cat on a leash.

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Last edited by CA357; 07-12-2011 at 08:16 PM.