Please help me convince my mom guns are good!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Please help me convince my mom guns are good!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Please help me convince my mom guns are good!

hey guys! I was recently looking at some shotguns for skeet shooting, deer hunting ect.... And i finally decided to get one! BUT MY MOM HAS NEVER LIKED HUNTING AT ALL! Shes an animal lover! She was fine with me getting a gun UNTIL I ACTUALLY STARTED GETTING SERIOUS ABOUT IT AND NOW SHE SAYS SHE DOESNT WANT TO HELP ME "kill animals"! I want to get the gun for christmas and she told me that i could try to convince her to get it! SO IM GOING TO SHOW HER THIS THREAD AND ALL YOUR REPLIES ON WHY HUNTING AND GUNS CAN BE A POSITIVE AND GOOD THING!
THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WILLING TO HELP!
PS I WILL BE SHOWING HER THIS IN A COUPLE DAYS AND ILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW THE RESULT!
Thanks guys.. Also im 16 if that plays into consideration!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9188 Times on 4965 Posts
Likes Given: 19352

If animals weren't meant to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat?
You are a boy becoming a man. Men do manly things. The manliest thing you can do is kill something and eat it.
Bring her your first game and throw it on the floor in front of her; grunt (manly grunt; ) and tell her to clean it and cook it. Then you disappear while you wait.

Last edited by MisterMcCool; 12-12-2013 at 12:19 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
If animals weren't meant to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat?
Haha good one
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #4

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlman
hey guys! I was recently looking at some shotguns for skeet shooting, deer hunting ect.... And i finally decided to get one! BUT MY MOM HAS NEVER LIKED HUNTING AT ALL! Shes an animal lover! She was fine with me getting a gun UNTIL I ACTUALLY STARTED GETTING SERIOUS ABOUT IT AND NOW SHE SAYS SHE DOESNT WANT TO HELP ME "kill animals"! I want to get the gun for christmas and she told me that i could try to convince her to get it! SO IM GOING TO SHOW HER THIS THREAD AND ALL YOUR REPLIES ON WHY HUNTING AND GUNS CAN BE A POSITIVE AND GOOD THING!
PS I WILL BE SHOWING HER THIS IN A COUPLE DAYS AND ILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW THE RESULT!
If you are ok with animals being bred and basically tortured and then killed by someone else for you to eat then you should have no problem going out into the wild and getting food in a more humane way. Tell her you'll bring back some good food for her + its free(kind of). If not you only got two years man then you can get one yourself
People Like This 
Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman598

If you are ok with animals being bred and basically tortured and then killed by someone else for you to eat then you should have no problem going out into the wild and getting food in a more humane way. Tell her you'll bring back some good food for her + its free(kind of). If not you only got two years man then you can get one yourself
Yea just two years! And thats an awsome point!
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 12:22 AM   #6

Liked 3620 Times on 2067 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

I cannot help you convince her that guns are good. Guns are neither good nor bad, guns are a tool, just like a hammer or a saw.

In good hands, guns do good work, like defending life and harvesting game. In bad hands guns can do bad work. It is not the gun that is good or bad, it is the gunner that makes the difference.

Go to www.ballistics101.com, click on the "education 101" tab and in the drop down menu click on "Guns and Civilization", have her read that and she will have a better understanding of the importance of self defense weapons in society.
People Like This 
Old 12-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
I cannot help you convince her that guns are good. Guns are neither good nor bad, guns are a tool, just like a hammer or a saw.

In good hands, guns do good work, like defending life and harvesting game. In bad hands guns can do bad work. It is not the gun that is good or bad, it is the gunner that makes the difference.

Go to www.ballistics101.com, click on the "education 101" tab and in the drop down menu click on "Guns and Civilization", have her read that and she will have a better understanding of the importance of self defense weapons in society.
Its mainly that she doesnt like hunting though... Shes an animal lover

Old 12-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlman

Yea just two years! And thats an awsome point!
Glad my parents are progun. As a kid it sucks to love shooting but have parents that are antigun/antihunting. I have a friend whos mom wont let him get a gun. Second he turns 18 he said hes getting an AR and a 12 gauge. Already saved up the $. Anyway good luck and if she really wont let you hunt maybe convinve her to let you get it for skeet/trap and target shooting.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #9

BTW the caps hurt

Old 12-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlman View Post
want to help convince your mother? then enroll in a hunter safety class. be a responsible and ethical hunter.

hunting helps game conservation through the money that is collected from hunting permits and fees. hunters help regulate game populations through harvesting game that might otherwise starve or succumb to disease.

the money from hunting permits, gun sales, ammo, hunting clothes and many other items, help conserve game populations that would otherwise become extinct. proper and regulated hunting helps many game animals survive and flourish.

i don't hunt anymore, and haven't in many years now, andi can understand your mother's viewpoint. i don't much agree with her, simply because she is probably not eduacated about responsible and ethical hunters and what contributions they make to the sport.

it does sound like she is willing to listen to reason, so find as much facts and proof as possible to help convince her. don't just use our replies as your only source to convince her. you need to do your own homework here and show her. do some research into hunting laws and regulations. do a report on game conservation from ethical hunting practices.

another point i will make as well is this, hunting is not about killing. it's much more than just that. i have done many hunting trips that never brought any game home, but still had a very good time. it's about respecting the environment and the animal you are hunting. it's about knowing when to take a shot or let it walk.

one thing i learned from my father about hunting and he never hunted at all. if you are going to take the life of one of God's creatures, it deserves the respect of a clean kill and to not ever be wasted. respect the animal and what it gives in return.
People Like This 
Closed Thread