A peaceful day in a high seat

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > A peaceful day in a high seat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default A peaceful day in a high seat

Last Wednesday was a German holiday. I went on a morning and afternoon hunt. In the morning, I did not have much luck at my butcher's revier, although others did (1 Roe buck and 3 young). On the afternoon hunt, we went to my friend's revier to hunt Roe deer. I shot one Roe, which are about the size of a large dog. I was able to get 14 pounds of meat. Another Roe was shot by a 18 year old woman. It was a nice size buck. Good for her! I did not take pics of the animals, but I did of the morning hunt area I was stationed at. I am going back to my friend's revier this weekend. I will take pics of our harvest. I adding pics from a winter social hunt to show the Roe deer. I shot one of the doe that day.

001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   039.jpg   037.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16513

And today is Victory In Europe Day. Hunting again?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I had to go to a strategic planning meeting today with the brass. Germany has a holiday tomorrow, but I cannot take leave again. I have supervisory meetings. Saturday is hunting day. I am looking for a good size buck, so I can also get a new trophy to hang on the wall at work. I took pics of the processed meat from my last hunt, but I cannot get on my computer tonight because the boy has a game tournament. Thank god for ipad. Boy is lucky I love him. Grrr. Waidmannsheil.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Some of the processed deer meat from my last hunt. There is nothing like eating meat that you harvest yourself. Also, no preservatives or genetic engineering on this table.

002.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Germany,sausage?Who'd a thought...haha.

Very cool hunt.And that looks like some great sausage/meat.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6953 Times on 3498 Posts
Likes Given: 7564

I always thought the Roe's were tiny mutants! The giant bunnies and tusky Boars were a hell of allot more worry-some! Looks like a great harvest and lots of fun!

Quote:
Germany,sausage?Who'd a thought...haha.
, Not Sausage, "Worst"! The Best "Worst" ever, yummy! The rads made Worst out of anything you could imagine and a few things your better off not imagining, dont ask whats in the Sausage, just eat it, delicious!

Old 05-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The giant bunnies are getting bigger every year. They have huge fangs. We carry holy hand grenades over here for protection.

Back to reality. There are 10 known packs of wolves that have come from Northern Europe. Germany had killed off it's original population long ago. A German hunter shot a wolf in this area, but he got into big trouble for it. Did you know about the racoons? Some idiots released them into the wild, and they have become a big problem over here. They breed like rabbits. They are open for hunting along with fox year round. The Russian boar have also migrated to Germany. They are much larger razorbacks, with the males having armor in the front. Hunters carry sidearms as a rule. I carry a HK USP full size.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6953 Times on 3498 Posts
Likes Given: 7564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
The giant bunnies are getting bigger every year. They have huge fangs. We carry holy hand grenades over here for protection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8QaslKkRzQ

Back to reality. There are 10 known packs of wolves that have come from Northern Europe. Germany had killed off it's original population long ago. A German hunter shot a wolf in this area, but he got into big trouble for it. Did you know about the racoons? Some idiots released them into the wild, and they have become a big problem over here. They breed like rabbits. They are open for hunting along with fox year round. The Russian boar have also migrated to Germany. They are much larger razorbacks, with the males having armor in the front. Hunters carry sidearms as a rule. I carry a HK USP full size.
I thought I was gonna poo when I saw the rabbits wow, friggen huge, shots of Apfelkorn followed the sighting! Then I saw the tiny deer and figured I needed to lay off the Hefeweizen! The first time my jeep got charged by a Mamma Pig on Steroids I drank a few Weizens and some shots of Apfelkorn!

MMMM, Apfelkorn...
Old 05-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #9

There is also some methods to spend peaceful time at hunting. You placed your tent or Marquee at some safer level from the ground level and tight it with roots carefully. Then you can watch some natural scenes as well as keep track of your hunt.