Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   other hunting........ (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/other-hunting-39272/)

sizir1shotguns 03-03-2011 07:26 PM

other hunting........

Well the topic of hunting all mostly gun hunting.
but do you guys fish , thats hunting to right???
so if you guys fish what do you folks fish. marlijn , white stuergon , tuna ,??
i would like to hear some fishing trips lately on this site :D just for once its different :)

orangello 03-03-2011 08:06 PM

Especially like hunting when it is those guys bowfishing for "jumping carp" out the back of a bass boat.

Poink88 03-03-2011 08:08 PM

I think people are avoiding it because of the FTF boat accident... :D

AusLach 03-03-2011 08:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my favourite spot for fishing, the Mann River. The catfish out of here are some of the best eating fish you'll find in Aust.

Attachment 25876

Don't worry, they're not like the US catfish, Eastern-side catfish come from a sandy or rocky river bed so they don't taste like mud :rolleyes:

On a somewhat related note, me and my famly were stranded near here when camping when the flood of '97 went over the top of this bridge. It might not look like much, but this bridge would easily stand over 130 feet above the water during normal river flow.

Attachment 25879

Davyboy 03-03-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusLach (Post 457034)
Here's my favourite spot for fishing, the Mann River. The catfish out of here are some of the best eating fish you'll find in Aust.

Attachment 25876

Don't worry, they're not like your catfish, Eastern-side catfish come from a sandy or rocky river bed so they don't taste like mud :rolleyes:

On a somewhat related note, me and my famly were stranded near here when camping when the flood of '97 went over the top of this bridge. It might not look like much, but this bridge would easily stand over 130 feet above the water during normal river flow.

Attachment 25879

I am amazed the bloody thing is still standing.

AusLach 03-03-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davyboy (Post 457054)
I am amazed the bloody thing is still standing.

We were too Davy! It's hard to explain without pictures, but suffice to say, there was an awful lot of water going down that valley. Even though I was only six, I'm betting it'll be the scariest thing I'll ever see, the roar was deafening..

Sorry about the hijack sizir! :o

Sniper03 03-03-2011 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes! I fish Tennessee! In the lake that was known for the Worlds largest Smallmouth Bass!
I fish there for primarily Smallmouth. Then Walleye and Largemouth!

sizir1shotguns 03-04-2011 01:26 PM

but how do you ctch catfish with a boat donīt the catfish live in shallow water:confused:

JTJ 03-04-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poink88 (Post 457029)
I think people are avoiding it because of the FTF boat accident... :D

Did they get the torpedo tube fixed yet?:D

c3shooter 03-04-2011 05:50 PM

Downstream from Richmond VA on the James River is the city of Hopewell. The river is deep enough for seagoing cargo vessels and tankers. The Blue Catfish taken there is the state record, 102 lbs 4 oz. Shallow water? No, Muddy? yes.