opinion's on Nikon Pro-staff 3-9 BDC
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > opinion's on Nikon Pro-staff 3-9 BDC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default opinion's on Nikon Pro-staff 3-9 BDC

wondering if any of you have seen it or even better use"d" one.

I would be using it on a weatherby vanguard synthetic 30.06 for white tail and hogs. Longest shot on this lease is ruffly about 110-140 yards.

The whole setup seems to be a cheap adventure, or do you think it would be worth it in the long and get a leupold or swarovski?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

While I've never owned a Nikon, I have shot thru a few. I am always impressed with the clarity of the Nikons. A good friend of mine mounts nothing but Nikons on his rifles, and those are the ones I've viewed. Imo, they are good for the money. I don't recall him ever having to replace one. There are other good scopes out there that won't drain your bank account as well. If you can get to a Cabela's or otherwise, you can view many different scopes before you buy.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-28-2009, 02:39 AM   #3

lol benifits of living in dallas bassproshop 4 minutes away and cabelas 30 minutes.

I will be checking out others, just I can get a killer deal on the nikon as of right now so idk...

Old 05-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Well, goody for you. Basspro=3-1/12 hrs and Cabela's=2 hrs. Heck, there's not a Gander closer than 1-1/2 hrs away from me.

I wish I could have been better help, but I saw your thread just sitting there gettin' no bites like a bobber at high noon in July. How nice of a buy?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #5

lol ****ty distance although comparing basspro to cabelas is like target and walmart.

$50 off the scope. so $120 from $170. buddy of mine thought he would like it and then decided after he got home took and it out the box that he is not a fan of the eye relief. never even mounted it and its either I buy it or he takes it back.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:45 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You need to jump on that deal. I have several Nikons, and a few Prostaffs, even a couple with BDC reticle. So far I've not had a single failure of any kind. I consider them to be every bit as good as a Leupold Rifleman-if not a bit better (not to be confused with vari-x 2 or above).

Old 05-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #7

my only concern with the Prostaff's "I have READ" that when sighting them in sometimes you have to over turn then turn a click or so back to get the cross hair where it needs to be..

have you experienced any of that stalkingbear?

Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #8

For what its worth I have and like it...

Last edited by JoshRushing; 05-28-2009 at 06:11 AM.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've had no problem with the tracking/adjustments on the scopes that I have. I'm not saying it can't happen-just that it hasn't with me. I DO tap the scope on the adjustment bell after adjusting (myth?)-perhaps this is the reason I havn't had to go past, then retract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jng2985 View Post
my only concern with the Prostaff's "I have READ" that when sighting them in sometimes you have to over turn then turn a click or so back to get the cross hair where it needs to be..

have you experienced any of that stalkingbear?

Old 05-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #10

Then I guess i will pick it up, I have a hog hunt coming up next weekend so I will be sighting it in then. sooo we will see.