Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   opinion thread on bigfoot (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/opinion-thread-bigfoot-71226/)

powg 08-27-2012 04:57 PM

opinion thread on bigfoot

I have asked this ? along time ago and it went stagnant .Would you shoot a bigfoot ,sasquatch ,scunk ape ,yeti what ever your flavor is .Remember this is to be really thought about ...(ie) can You be sure it's not a idiot dressed up , needs to be a well ,placed center of mass ,head shot ,not a spray and pray....are you confident enough ...it must be a kill shot ....do you have enough gun ...are you prepared for all the ramifications ,good ,bad ,fame ,or detractors ?:cool:

mountainman13 08-27-2012 04:59 PM

It is illegal in many states.

cottontop 08-27-2012 06:07 PM

You can't be serious.
cottontop

ineverFTF 08-27-2012 08:31 PM

Oh dear. Powg i dont know what you're smokin but i want some :D

c3shooter 08-27-2012 08:54 PM

Putting aside legalities, licenses, bag limits, enough gun, in range, idiot prankster in a Chewbacca costume- why would I? :confused:

Is it in the chicken coop eating all my chickens? I do not have a recipe for Roast Sasquatch w/ mushrooms, and I do not need a Bigfoot throw rug for the man cave.

Because I COULD does not mean I SHOULD. Even when I am deer hunting, the Cardinals, Mocking Birds, Robins and Blue Jays are quite safe around me.

cswann1 08-27-2012 09:42 PM

A big foot murdered my family and kicked my dog. So yes...anyone or anything that vaguely resembles a sasquatch, including men that wear a hair sweater to public water parks, had best steer clear of me. I have a deal with a local game processor: I give referrals to others who need quick disposal of corpses and he gives me a 7% discount.

Tackleberry1 08-27-2012 09:48 PM

This is going to get funny!

Honest answer is I highly doubt I would take that shot.

Personally, I find Big Foot about as plausible as Barak Obama using an Abacus but if I did stumble across one I imagine I'd be too awe struck to consider killing it. Unless of course, it kicked my dog!

Tack

cj84 08-27-2012 09:48 PM

I'd have to shoot it, I wouldn't want to be another idiot on tv claiming to have seen one.

Dillinger 08-27-2012 09:59 PM

First, what am I doing in the woods in the first place? My Hugo Boss is going to get covered in rain and ick! :o

Enough gun? Enough gun to drop an undetermined, untested animal/manimal of which I have no reason to be hunting in the first place? :eek:

My Gawd man, what if he is the advance scout?? I go interloping up on his dead carcass like Rambo without a jockstrap, celebrating like a monkey at his first fire, only to find myself on the bad side of 150-300 of the damn things all wondering what I would look like on the "Ether Bunny and Anal Probe Table". :eek::eek:

No sir. No thank you BEARY much!!

shooter88 08-27-2012 11:21 PM

I would shootem its legal in tx:)