Odd Nitpicks - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Odd Nitpicks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #11
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8655 Times on 5164 Posts
Likes Given: 11395

I don't hunt but if I did, I would bring a recliner and a heated blanket and a loooooong extension cord. Maybe a space heater pointed at me. Would that be too much? I don't like being cold.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:40 AM   #12

Likes Given: 77

Drunk hunters, I have been shot at by drunks hunting that thought I was a deer. Sound shooters! Recipe for disaster.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #13

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 23

When someone says to pick them up at a certain time to go afield and their not ready.

Pheasant "hunting" on a private game ranch where they plant the birds and know just where to kick them up. To me it's just "killing" not "hunting."

Old 11-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #14

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipme56
Drunk hunters, I have been shot at by drunks hunting that thought I was a deer. Sound shooters! Recipe for disaster.
Shoot back. At that point it's armed combat. Especially if your on your own land (several in my family have been through this, most of them are combat vets too)

Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Shoot back. At that point it's armed combat. Especially if your on your own land (several in my family have been through this, most of them are combat vets too)
Don't ever do that, you will go to jail.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #16

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRhino

Don't ever do that, you will go to jail.
Seen it done, 3 different occasions, they weren't even charged, didn't have to go to court. I haven't done it myself, I haven't been in that situation. Simply put, if some one trespasses on your property and then takes a shot at you, in the town where I grew up, they're fair game.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #17

Likes Given: 77

It would not have been so bad but I was 15 feet in a tree and in full hunter orange. Let's just say one had to walk back to town because it was difficult to start his truck with a hole in the engine. I don't take kindly to being shot at! Amazing what a 303 Enfield round will do.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

My biggest pet peeve by far:

I plan a hunt weeks in advance. I buy Beer, food, Beer, hunting license, gas, beer, ammo, batteries, beer, ice...Oh and beer.

I get up 30 minutes before the butt-crack of dawn ever thinks of getting up, brew my coffee, put it in a Thurmos, get all bundled up and hike to the stand.

I do all that work and the damn deer doesn't even to have the common courtesy to send me a text saying he can't make it.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #19
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2324 Times on 1416 Posts
Likes Given: 12739

I have seen most of my nitpicks listed here already, but here are a couple more.
Hunters who will stand and loudly argue with non hunters in public. Okay, they don't agree with your veiw. Wish them a nice day (while subconsiouly wishing on them a plague of fleas in both amrpits!), and walk away. Show the others who really is the bigger man.

Hunters who enter a store while wearing blood soaked camo, reeking of deer urine, and buzzed, to buy more beer. Atleast do the other customers, hunters and non hunters alike, the courtesy of changeing your clotes and taking a shower first. Way to present a positve image. Not! Like we don't already have enough of a negative image in the liberal heavy public thanks to movies like Open Season an Bambi!
Please try and remember this, we are all representitves of the outdoor sports. Try to act accordingly. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Make it count!

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Last edited by kfox75; 11-22-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: My spiellng sux!

Newest Threads