North American Hunting Club
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > North American Hunting Club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default North American Hunting Club

Anyone know anything about this? I've gotten several things in the mail from them and I've thought about it but I'm really not sure. Anyone here a member?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #2

Default Tried it a long time ago

For my membership dues, I got the sticker for my truck window and constant reminders for re-upping my membership. Seems like they sent me a small packet of Eagle Claw fish hooks one time ( with a request for more money ), but I never could quite grasp why I needed to be a member.

In the sign up package ( wait a minute, THAT'S where I got the window sticker ), they said I would get products to try ( maybe that's why some fish hooks ) but I really didn't see or get anything of value. Well, they sent me a small notepad once ( in another member ship drive ).

I don't remember seeing them work against anti gun or anti hunting legislation, didn't get a magazine, didn't get any legislative warnings or action alerts.....hell, I don't remember getting anything from them except stickers, fish hooks, window decals and a note pad.

You can check them out, your milage may vary, but I thought it was a waste of money.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Kind of looks like a scam. If you look in the footer of their website they own like 6 various "clubs" ..

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'm a Life Member and receive North American Hunter magazine every month. I have received free items to test ranging from a tree-stand to gun cleaning solvents and shotgun choke tube lube. It is a good club and they have monthly contests where firearms and everything to do with camping and hunting are raffled off. They have a member service that provides reduced rate hunting trips and reviews of hundreds of outfitters across the world. They have a top notch group of editors and contributors such as Chuck Adams, Ted Nugent, Ian McMurchy, Bob Robb, and others known to the bow and gun hunting community. They do product reviews for guns & optics, archery equipment, recreational vehicles, ATV's, etc. etc.. They have affiliations with the Rocky Mouintain Elk Foundation, Wildlife Forever, US Sportsmens Alliance, National Bowhunter Education Foundation, NAtional Wild Turkey Federation, Mule Deer Foundation, Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Fund, Congressional Sportsmens Foundation, Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry, Tread Lightly, etc. etc. I've been a member for 10 years and have never had a complaint.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-11-2008, 02:30 AM   #5

Default I'll defer to RL357 Mag

He has had a positive experience with them so you may want to shoot him a message or email for particulars. Last time I sent them money was in the early 1990's, so it seems things have changed. They still send me invitations to rejoin from time to time.

Thank you, RL 357 Mag for your input!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:01 AM   #6

been a member for 3 yrs no complaints, i've tried and got to keep some hooks, a few knifes, and just recieved a tree standt to test yesterday, and i get the NAH mag once a month as well. for $12 a year you can't go wrong

Old 09-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
He has had a positive experience with them so you may want to shoot him a message or email for particulars. Last time I sent them money was in the early 1990's, so it seems things have changed. They still send me invitations to rejoin from time to time.

Thank you, RL 357 Mag for your input!

YW Allmons - I joined in '95 and have enjoyed it ever since - even without the free stuff..lol Their magazine is very informative and equally split between Archery and Firearms hunting - theiy're big into bird hunting and hunting dogs also. Life Membership was $350 and they included a nice leather bomber jacket with NAHC logo.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks for the response guys! I just wasn't sure about it so I thought I'd ask here. I'll give them a try and if I dont like it I can always quit. Thanks again!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #9

I used to be a member and they sent me all kinds of free stuff like fishing lures and I might have even got a knife, when I signed up I got stickers and a medallion or something

Old 09-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #10

Default north american

I was a member for a few yrs.only reason I stopped was it was not my cup of tea.mostly about big game and trips I could not afford.but it is worth the mag.I am more a shooter and reloader than a hunter.and if you ask you get great goods to test.