Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > New to Tampa area And love to go hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default New to Tampa area And love to go hunting

Hey guys Just moved to Riverview Florida near Tampa and only been hunting once in Pennsylvania looking for someone who has private land or know someone who has land and would like to show me what Florida has to offer I have four kids of my own and the meet will not go to waste

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I lived in Florida many years,and the hunting is great if you either work hard or pay lots.I hunted mostly public land,the game and fish dept web site can help you find places close to you.I took a Florida Registery buck the last year I lived there at Rock Springs Run WMA.One of my other favorites was Croom WMA close to Brooksville.Citrus is also a good WMA,especially if you bowhunt.Flying Eagle,Jumper Creek,Half Moon are all good to very good WMA's close to the Tampa that I have hunted.Plan on buying and using treestands,as you won't see many deer from the ground with the heavy cover found in most of the state.You will want waterproof boots as you will find some of the best hunting near and in swamps and marshes.The permit selection process changed after I moved away,but you can still draw and hunt great public land.Hike far to get away from the crowds and hunt hard,you can do well.Good luck.