New deer rifle help - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > New deer rifle help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Well that's unprovoked. What gives, the guy made a suggestion, he didn't take a moral stand against using dogs. Not that Axxe needs anyone sticking up for him but your comment seems like it came from way out of left field John.......just sayin'. Unless I am missing some sarcasm here I sure don't see the guy as a liberal. #confused
exactly. my suggestion was not based on a moral reason at all. if being close enough to a major road or highway with lots of traffic is endangering the safety of the dogs, then maybe using an alternative method in those areas would be safer for the dogs.

i have coon hunted with dogs many, many times an we hunted on very large tracts of land that were not near any major roads or highways. as using dogs in Texas is illegal, most people either still hunt or stalk. if it were legal to use dogs in Texas for deer hunting, that IMO would be a personal prefernce, not a moral question. i gave up running coon dogs not because any moral reasons, but a matter of not having the time to devote to the sport. when i gave it up, i was newly married and had other obligations that became my priorities. a lot of my hunting and fishing activities took a back seat to things i had going on.

i just love it when someone wants to pin the liberal label on me!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #42

Liked 2208 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
exactly. my suggestion was not based on a moral reason at all. if being close enough to a major road or highway with lots of traffic is endangering the safety of the dogs, then maybe using an alternative method in those areas would be safer for the dogs.

i have coon hunted with dogs many, many times an we hunted on very large tracts of land that were not near any major roads or highways. as using dogs in Texas is illegal, most people either still hunt or stalk. if it were legal to use dogs in Texas for deer hunting, that IMO would be a personal prefernce, not a moral question. i gave up running coon dogs not because any moral reasons, but a matter of not having the time to devote to the sport. when i gave it up, i was newly married and had other obligations that became my priorities. a lot of my hunting and fishing activities took a back seat to things i had going on.

i just love it when someone wants to pin the liberal label on me!

Now you are out of your element. When dogs run a coon they stay in a pretty close area. I guess you never had any coon hounds bred well enough to run a bobcat or a Florida panther. Otherwise you would have covered a couple counties to catch your coon hounds. They might have even crossed interstate highways. Maybe you are just a poser who has never hunted.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:33 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Now you are out of your element. When dogs run a coon they stay in a pretty close area. I guess you never had any coon hounds bred well enough to run a bobcat or a Florida panther. Otherwise you would have covered a couple counties to catch your coon hounds. They might have even crossed interstate highways. Maybe you are just a poser who has never hunted.
JD, well since bobcats have been pretty much eliminated for the most part in my area and we have no panthers, i guess our coon hounds just never thought to go after something that wasn't there. being we didn't have any, why would we train or breed them to hunt something that we would never come across?

we usually hunted on tracts of land that were anywhere from 2500-5000 acre tracts. yes we covered many an acre in a night.

you are sure free with the insults tonight. liberal earlier and now poser! you're a funny guy JD. have you ever thought about being a stand-up comic?

Last edited by Axxe55; 11-20-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #44

Liked 751 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
I don't care if I get a time out for this. You are a jack ass. Dog hunting deer has not been a tradition in NC for 200 yrs because they was hardly a huntable population of deer in most areas of the state until forty years ago. The problem I have with dog hunters is that they have no regard for private property that land owners pay taxes on and get angry when they are not given permission to hunt a block of land. Hmmm not getting something for free and getting angry---Now that a fine example of a liberal midset. I am from Warren County NC which has a pile of dog hunters and some of them are good guys that do it right and respect others but they are the exception to the rule. I do not know how many deer I have killed in my lifetime but I garuntee you that not one was killed while I was standing by the road and I have never seen the need to drive around a crap pick up truck showing off a scrubby four pointer. Sorry for the rant but I am a Native of the damn state and have no problem calling you on your sh*t. For the others I enjoyed seeing Marlin Man on this ancient thread.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #45

Actually NC had a nice population of deer until the depression. During the depression the influx of milsurp rifles and no money equalled people hunting year round. By the the end of WWII deer were wiped out in NC. In the 60's deer were brought in from other areas to repopulate the state's deer herd. Deer were restocked all across the south during the 60's.

Still hunters in Warren county are doing a fine job of screwing up hunting and the deer population. In 2010 Warren county had 35 deer to the square mile. 35 deer to the square mile is the max deer population the land can carry. Now Warren county has over 50 deer to the square mile. Yet everyone of the still hunters are scared to death someone might shoot a deer. Warren county has gone from one of the best places in the state to bag a trophy buck to german shepard sized deer. Good job!

It's OK farmers will get kill permits and thin the deer out like it or not.

Before you all get started with more false information, farmers for the hungry is to provide the poor with crops that are fine to eat but they don't grade well enough to sell.

Farmers for the hungry has nothing to do with bringing deer to the food pantry and other organizations that help the poor. When you shoot a deer with a farm permit you let it lay. The fact of the matter is most organizations that used to accept deer quit accepting deer. The people wouldn't eat the deer meat.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The hell you say................

Drop $10,000 plus on a lazzeroni scoped............Shoots a 9.82.................My wish list gun.....................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 11-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #47

Quote:
Actually NC had a nice population of deer until the depression. During the depression the influx of milsurp rifles and no money equalled people hunting year round. By the the end of WWII deer were wiped out in NC. In the 60's deer were brought in from other areas to repopulate the state's deer herd. Deer were restocked all across the south during the 60's.

Still hunters in Warren county are doing a fine job of screwing up hunting and the deer population. In 2010 Warren county had 35 deer to the square mile. 35 deer to the square mile is the max deer population the land can carry. Now Warren county has over 50 deer to the square mile. Yet everyone of the still hunters are scared to death someone might shoot a deer. Warren county has gone from one of the best places in the state to bag a trophy buck to german shepard sized deer. Good job!

It's OK farmers will get kill permits and thin the deer out like it or not.

Before you all get started with more false information, farmers for the hungry is to provide the poor with crops that are fine to eat but they don't grade well enough to sell.

Farmers for the hungry has nothing to do with bringing deer to the food pantry and other organizations that help the poor. When you shoot a deer with a farm permit you let it lay. The fact of the matter is most organizations that used to accept deer quit accepting deer. The people wouldn't eat the deer meat.
You have no clue what you are talking about. I said nothing about farmers for the hungry--I am not sure where that came from skippy. What I know is that dog hunters will tresspass on my land/family given the opportunity. While I am selective about bucks I shoot I will kill a doe in a second. NC had population of deer during the depression is a very few areas of the state ie Green Swamp, Jacksonville and near Butner. Thats it. The traditional hunting here was small game and quail. Get over the fact that times have changed and most hunters dont want to be seen as slobs eating potted meat shooting deer beside a highway. BTW the deer that are German Sheppard size around here are yearlings that dumb ass dog hunters kill.

BTW I depredation hunts---you spot light them and pop them in behind the ear with a 17 HMR and leave them lay. It is a dirty business and not enjoyable but it keeps the heard managed. I have seen some of your post and it is clear you dont know d8ck about hunting.

Last edited by nchunt101; 11-20-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
You have no clue what you are talking about. I said nothing about farmers for the hungry--I am not sure where that came from skippy. What I know is that dog hunters will tresspass on my land/family given the opportunity. While I am selective about bucks I shoot I will kill a doe in a second. NC had population of deer during the depression is a very few areas of the state ie Green Swamp, Jacksonville and near Butner. Thats it. The traditional hunting here was small game and quail. Get over the fact that times have changed and most hunters dont want to be seen as slobs eating potted meat shooting deer beside a highway. BTW the deer that are German Sheppard size around here are yearlings that dumb ass dog hunters kill.

BTW I depredation hunts---you spot light them and pop them in behind the ear with a 17 HMR and leave them lay. It is a dirty business and not enjoyable but it keeps the heard managed. I have seen some of your post and it is clear you dont know d8ck about hunting.
The last time I mentioned culling deer forum members was posting all this nonsense about farmers for the hungry.

Nchunt I have no beef with you. My beef is with axxe55. He is the one that has called me a poser repeatedly. I intend to bust his chops each and every time I get a chance. If I get banned over it it's for the best. I have never gained a thing from an internet forum. It's just a way to pass time.

I live less than 50 miles from you. I wouldn't hunt with you for a million dollars. I don't hunt with people I am scared to turn my back on.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #49

Quote:
The last time I mentioned culling deer forum members was posting all this nonsense about farmers for the hungry.

Nchunt I have no beef with you. My beef is with axxe55. He is the one that has called me a poser repeatedly. I intend to bust his chops each and every time I get a chance. If I get banned over it it's for the best. I have never gained a thing from an internet forum. It's just a way to pass time.

I live less than 50 miles from you. I wouldn't hunt with you for a million dollars. I don't hunt with people I am scared to turn my back on.
Skippy,

I could care less about where you live. You don't need to worry about me extending you an invite to hunt any of the properties I control. BTW Axxe generally knows what he is talking about and his opinions about people are generally correct. BTW you being "scared to turn your back on me is laughable" I dont care enough about you to fart in a room and blame it on you.

Last edited by nchunt101; 11-20-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #50

Hmmmmm.....i wonder if John_Deer is an alias for MarlinMan?

JD, do you have a 7.62 Warbird and mountain lion for a pet?