need suggestions...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > need suggestions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need suggestions...

Ok, so heres the deal... ive looked, and looked, and looked some more at a BUNCH of guns.. i just started hunting this year... and i love it.. Mainly hunting wild boars at a range of no more than 3oo-4oo yards... I have no more than 15oo dollars i can spend... what is some of the best rifles out there to look at getting... either Bolt action or semi-auto... but i know i Do want either a 27o or 308 calibur... ive looked at the Remington 7oo's, which i love... savage rifle in .308.... a browning 27o, which was ok... and an FNAR in .308... and i love them all, but 15oo is a lot of money to spend, and i wanna make sure i get something i will truly love... been researching all these, and just not sure.. any suggestions? Any other kind of rifles i should look at?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #2

go to
Centerfire Rifle - Model 700 SPS Tactical - Remington Centerfire Rifles
This is a rem 700 sps tactical and i can get it for 600 at my local gun store. its not anything special as fare as looks bc it is tactical. Its a lot less than 1500 and is a tack driver or so my friend says. he has it with a nikon pro staff i think. all i know is that he uses it in a big ass field to shoot white tail and he can hit about anything out there.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You won`t need a high dollar tactical rifle to shoot 400 yrds. You will need a good scope and a good range finder, but then you should be able to get out behond 500 yrds. I`m personally a Savage fan but there is nothing worng with the new Remingtons I have seen lately. I would recomand a Leupold VX 3 in 3 1/2 x 10 with target knobs and work up a good drop chart. I have a Savage in 22-6mm that I have shot a 2 in. group at 600 yrds with, in a wind. If you glass bed the action it will help your accuracy if you feel you need better accuracy. If you need help with the hog let me know and I`ll try to get down and help you.

Catfish
Ohio