Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Mother Nature hates me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default Mother Nature hates me!

I was suppose to go night hunting again tonight for fox and boar. Well, the stars are out, which makes these Germany forests pitch black. We can not use night sights, flashlights or lasers on any of our weapons over here. We hunt with at least x56 scopes to make up for the handicap. A good scope starts at a 1000€! My Meopta Meostar also has red dot. Well I guess I will just hang around the forums tonight.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #2

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Can you bait them with feeder that has lights on it?

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We have feeders, but no lights. We can actually use night vision devices, but we can not put it on the gun. Some more info about German hunting. There are high seats, and ground level to elevated small fully covered room-like seating for two hunters around the feeders. The second type of seating is normally comfortable with cushioning, and some have portable heating. The rifles are supported by small sand bags or pillows. This is night hunting in Germany. We also carry handguns for protection or to make a final shot. We can use these seating in the day too, but there is also stalking, and standing in a fixed position (especially during drive hunts). We are allowed to use gaming cameras to see where the game is going, and at what time of the day.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #4

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I some people that run and catch them with dogs then cut them with a knife.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mother Nature hates me too. I think it snowed glue last night. I'm ready for spring.

dscn0563sm.jpg  

Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
We have feeders, but no lights. We can actually use night vision devices, but we can not put it on the gun. Some more info about German hunting. There are high seats, and ground level to elevated small fully covered room-like seating for two hunters around the feeders. The second type of seating is normally comfortable with cushioning, and some have portable heating. The rifles are supported by small sand bags or pillows. This is night hunting in Germany. We also carry handguns for protection or to make a final shot. We can use these seating in the day too, but there is also stalking, and standing in a fixed position (especially during drive hunts). We are allowed to use gaming cameras to see where the game is going, and at what time of the day.
wow, that is such a...cr*p, how do you guys "survive"?..didn't you try to headmount a monocular? that is at least something in your situation. i don't even know what to say..

Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
wow, that is such a...cr*p, how do you guys "survive"?..didn't you try to headmount a monocular? that is at least something in your situation. i don't even know what to say..
Sure, as long as we do not attach it to the weapon. I know one hunter that holds up a monocular night vision scope to his left eye, while look through his scope with the right.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hold on, then can you mount a clip-on to the rifle? i know some you can just put it before the day time scope and get a good night vision. Will that work?

Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry, no clip on. Questions like this were asked during our hunting course. No night vision, laser or flashlights can be attached in any way to the rifle. Then again if nobody is watching.....

Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, no luck...