Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Mother Nature hates me! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/mother-nature-hates-me-86159/)

Jagermeister 03-09-2013 07:15 PM

Mother Nature hates me!

I was suppose to go night hunting again tonight for fox and boar. Well, the stars are out, which makes these Germany forests pitch black. We can not use night sights, flashlights or lasers on any of our weapons over here. We hunt with at least x56 scopes to make up for the handicap. A good scope starts at a 1000! My Meopta Meostar also has red dot. Well I guess I will just hang around the forums tonight.

tri70 03-09-2013 07:32 PM

Can you bait them with feeder that has lights on it?

Jagermeister 03-09-2013 07:59 PM

We have feeders, but no lights. We can actually use night vision devices, but we can not put it on the gun. Some more info about German hunting. There are high seats, and ground level to elevated small fully covered room-like seating for two hunters around the feeders. The second type of seating is normally comfortable with cushioning, and some have portable heating. The rifles are supported by small sand bags or pillows. This is night hunting in Germany. We also carry handguns for protection or to make a final shot. We can use these seating in the day too, but there is also stalking, and standing in a fixed position (especially during drive hunts). We are allowed to use gaming cameras to see where the game is going, and at what time of the day.

tri70 03-09-2013 08:12 PM

I some people that run and catch them with dogs then cut them with a knife.

paperplatetargets 03-11-2013 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mother Nature hates me too. I think it snowed glue last night. I'm ready for spring.

unicorn 03-12-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1170101)
We have feeders, but no lights. We can actually use night vision devices, but we can not put it on the gun. Some more info about German hunting. There are high seats, and ground level to elevated small fully covered room-like seating for two hunters around the feeders. The second type of seating is normally comfortable with cushioning, and some have portable heating. The rifles are supported by small sand bags or pillows. This is night hunting in Germany. We also carry handguns for protection or to make a final shot. We can use these seating in the day too, but there is also stalking, and standing in a fixed position (especially during drive hunts). We are allowed to use gaming cameras to see where the game is going, and at what time of the day.

wow, that is such a...cr*p, how do you guys "survive"?..didn't you try to headmount a monocular? that is at least something in your situation. i don't even know what to say..

Jagermeister 03-12-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unicorn (Post 1173309)
wow, that is such a...cr*p, how do you guys "survive"?..didn't you try to headmount a monocular? that is at least something in your situation. i don't even know what to say..

Sure, as long as we do not attach it to the weapon. I know one hunter that holds up a monocular night vision scope to his left eye, while look through his scope with the right.

unicorn 03-13-2013 09:15 AM

Hold on, then can you mount a clip-on to the rifle? i know some you can just put it before the day time scope and get a good night vision. Will that work?

Jagermeister 03-13-2013 09:19 AM

Sorry, no clip on. Questions like this were asked during our hunting course. No night vision, laser or flashlights can be attached in any way to the rifle. Then again if nobody is watching.....

unicorn 03-13-2013 09:48 AM

Well, no luck...