Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Mid-bead sights for deer hunting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mid-bead sights for deer hunting?

Anyone use Mid-bead sights for deer hunting? I have a Mossy 500 that i have a 18.5" HD barrel with single bead and also a 24" barrel that has screw in chokes and front bead with a mid bead sight, where i hunt it is real close hunting very thick, so i want to use the 24" barrel with slugs or buckshot, any tips? Thanks.

"In God We Trust"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2009, 12:53 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Line up the beads like any other sight.

Also, that barrel is a smooth bore, so use rifled slugs and the accu-choke.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #3

I have a Mossberg 500 with 28" barrel [mod choke] and 18.5" HD barrel [cyl bore]. In NY, the ranges for deer are similar to your situation. So, I could use my 18.5" barrel without a problem. Like my area, some areas you may only be allowed to use a certain shell size. My area is slugs only for deer. But, 00bk would work well and I've talked to many people who use 00bk on deer. If you use any buckshot size, use a barrel with a choke for tighter patterns. Best of luck in any hunting you do.

S.S.