Lost in the Ozark Forest - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Lost in the Ozark Forest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Made my morning!

You made my morning Sarge. The only problem is that I laughed so hard, now my wife thinks I'm nuts!

NRA Member
USCCA Member

Old 10-12-2010, 04:19 AM   #12

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default The pictures HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
...the pictures?
Well after diligently searching all boxes of photos from the 60's to the present I DID FIND THE PICTURES.
They are very small and I will have to use Photo Shop to fix the contrast and enlargen them. So wait up, they are coming.
Sarge

Old 10-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #13

Default Very good story:)

sarge_257: Sir, haha; a very good story ''has'' Linda forgiven you yet

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default getting lost in the wood's

Sarge if I remember my army field trainning right we were taught to carry a Compass & a field map of the area that we would be going into, Plus survival gear like a leantoon & fire starter etc just incase we had to spend the night in there till the next day or so.? & of course a good flashlight to boot & in today's times a cell phone would help, if you can get a good siginal to make an emergency help call.?

Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #15

Default Lost

Ahh yes the Army taught me all those things too. And to boot I was an Hunter Education Instructor. And a survival instructor. And I did have a compass on me. But because I was just hunting on my Brother-in-laws farm I left all the back pack and survival blankets behind. Made sense and the time. LOL LOL
Sarge

Old 10-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default reply

Outstanding Sarge I can see the comfort of hunting on private property, & not taking along any extra gear, it can happen to any of us, as long as we stay safe & enjoy the thrill of the hunt, I am getting ready for next month's gun Deer season to open up here in NYS, meanwhile I will go out after some bunnies, wish I had a Beagle dog to do the chasing for me, you know once you get past the 60 yrs The mind is willing but the body parts keep fighting it off HA HA Stay safe & enjoy the hunt.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #17

Default Hunting on private property

I guess I am lucky or maybe living right. I am 69 yrs now and show no sign of slowing down. Just last month I took off on a two week motorcycle tour around 4 states. It turned out to be 2,680 miles and it took in two severe weather storms and winds to 60 mph (cross winds) that kept wanting to blow me and my scooter clear to Montana. Didn't even get a cold out of it.
Last year my son and I was cutting down some dead trees in our yard and one of the big branches (8"dia) fell before it was completly cut off and the small branches acted like a big spring and bounched the heavy trunk of the branch right back at me. It hit the ladder I was standing on and flipped me into the air. I fell 22 feet and landed on my feet. Yeah, surprised me too. I ended up with a sprained right ankle and a pulled muscle in my back. I put on a back brace and we finished cutting up the tree for firewood. So from all that I think I will last a little longer. My real goal is to out live all my enemies. LOL LOL
Sarge

Old 10-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #18

Default pictures

I got the pictures. I scanned a copy. The camera I took the pictures with was a little Browny snap flash. The happened in the 60's so digital cameras were not even a gleam in the inventers eye. The pictures were about 2" x2" and I blew them up gave them better contrast and darkened them a little cause they were so old they were fading. I only did all that to the one where I was holding the phone because I didn't figure anyone was interested in my buddy and nephew. Now.....I copied down what the guys told me about posting pictures and I am going to try it. I have the pics on a disk so I can hopefully just plug it in and upload it. Remember this picture is about 45 yrs old. I even had black hair. (Handsome cuss) But right now it is 11:00pm here in Colorado so I will give the upload a try in the AM. Yawnnn,.
Sarge

Old 11-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #19

Here it is. The tree can be seen behind the boards. And the guy with the dark hair is a younger Sarge
telephone-tree3-001-2-.jpg  

Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #20

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Hey Sarge is that a tin type.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."