Looking for a new duck and goose gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Looking for a new duck and goose gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for a new duck and goose gun

I am looking to buy a new 12 gauge. I already have a Beneli Super Nova. I bought it because of its good reputation, but I hate it. It is always double ejecting shells, not firing when there is an unshot shell in the chamber, jamming, and the safety randomly locks itself on safety. No one has been able to fix it. I'm about to sell it. Please don't suggest it to me.

I am looking for a right-handed pump action 12 gauge. No semi's, double barrels, or over and unders. It also must have a synthetic stock.

I don't want something that is going to cost close to a grand. This is going to be used hard and in bad conditions.

I've always been a big fan of Ruger and Remmington.

Thanks for the advice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #2

Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Honestly ya can't beat the reliability/looks of a good ole Remington 870 Wingmaster. If it's a little too fancy for what your doing, they make a camo-magnum version that handles 3-1/2 inchers. Just about good for anything under the sun for less than $700 and will last double your lifetime. Love my little 870 Express 20ga, but it's not as fancy and doesn't have the higher quality of machined/fitted parts.
Del

Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #3

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Got one for you.

http://frontlinearmory.com/gunsmithing/saiga12/saiga12_2_1440.jpg

Old 04-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphman
Honestly ya can't beat the reliability/looks of a good ole Remington 870 Wingmaster. If it's a little too fancy for what your doing, they make a camo-magnum version that handles 3-1/2 inchers. Just about good for anything under the sun for less than $700 and will last double your lifetime. Love my little 870 Express 20ga, but it's not as fancy and doesn't have the higher quality of machined/fitted parts.
Del
Love my 870. If you go with the 870 express instead of the Wingmaster it will even be cheaper.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-super-mag-synthetic.aspx

Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #5

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag4321
I am looking to buy a new 12 gauge. I already have a Beneli Super Nova. I bought it because of its good reputation, but I hate it. It is always double ejecting shells, not firing when there is an unshot shell in the chamber, jamming, and the safety randomly locks itself on safety. No one has been able to fix it. I'm about to sell it. Please don't suggest it to me.

I am looking for a right-handed pump action 12 gauge. No semi's, double barrels, or over and unders. It also must have a synthetic stock.

I don't want something that is going to cost close to a grand. This is going to be used hard and in bad conditions.

Thanks for the advice.
You must have gotten a bad one bc I loved mine and know a lot of people that had them and loved them....but take a look at the new winchester super x pumps...they are nice guns

Old 05-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I will also suggest a wingmaster or express supper mag.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 05-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #7

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag4321 View Post

Thanks for the advice.
i am suprised the sn dosnt do it for you anything better is going to cost .i would take a look at how the gun is maintained no matter what the ads say you cant throw it in the bottom of the boat then into the blind kick it around let the dog piss on it and clean it at the end of the season best pump guns imho 870 WINGMASTER, winchester mod 12 good luck finding plastic

Last edited by tonydewar; 05-05-2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: add