looking for a decent rangefinder
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > looking for a decent rangefinder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default looking for a decent rangefinder

what does everybody use and or suggest thanks need prices to thanks in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

i use a leupold 1000. its not the best optics but i like the ease of use. its light weight very intuitive to use. works as a shortrange 4x i think monocle. seems to be very rugged.

other better optics models i had a hard time getting them to work right.

my suggestion go to a store that will let you try different models and lase everything you can. i found the leupold to give the best overall laser reading as in it returned a range on the largest variety of surfaces.

in the open you have to have a very very steady hand to get laser returns off objects at 600+ yards. i have to brace the device on a steady solid rest to get a return reading at long ranges.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-31-2011, 03:02 AM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I use the same Leupold as JonM and I'm very happy with it.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:03 AM   #4

Just bought the Leica CRF 1600 this year, the optics are so good it doubles as my binos. The only thing close is Swavorskis and they are bigger and heavier and more $$$

I had the old 1200 model before and they are nice if you can find them used.