Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Longest shots you have taken on big game

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 04:29 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Elk#1, mule deer#2, Aoudads#3, antelope an last but not least white tails
Iv hunted mulies 2 times...killed one my last time but had a blast both times. Audads I'm looking forward to. Whitetails are too easy anymore......around herevthey are anyways
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Drought has taken its toll on fawns last yr but the herds are doin good in spite of that. An the numbers are strong.
Glad to hear that....I want to arrow one so bad its not funny
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

Glad to hear that....I want to arrow one so bad its not funny
If u want a fast pased action packed crawling through rattle snakes an cactus the hunt a oryx here ,they are free range implants from the 60's an have proved nm is perfect for them. They are tuff tuff tuff to hunt. Its hot dry an dirty huntin at its best. Look them up NM has free range ibex as well.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

If u want a fast pased action packed crawling through rattle snakes an cactus the hunt a oryx here ,they are free range implants from the 60's an have proved nm is perfect for them. They are tuff tuff tuff to hunt. Its hot dry an dirty huntin at its best. Look them up NM has free range ibex as well.
Ya they are on my list of varmints to whack. As is an ellan.
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

Ya they are on my list of varmints to whack. As is an ellan.
This is my 2012 bull what a hunt.
forumrunner_20130124_225024.jpg  
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

This is my 2012 bull what a hunt.
That's badass mon ami!!!!! What did you whack that one w?
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

That's badass mon ami!!!!! What did you whack that one w?
7mm ultra from a bout 450 yrds. They are very spooky animals one scent an their gone an when the go they dont stop like deer an elk do they run clear out of the county. No joke that hunt took me 16 days out of my 30 day season. An it was average 105° an up to 115°. Drank gallons of water had to go from camp to town 62 miles a dozen times getting water for us.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

7mm ultra from a bout 450 yrds. They are very spooky animals one scent an their gone an when the go they dont stop like deer an elk do they run clear out of the county. No joke that hunt took me 16 days out of my 30 day season. An it was average 105° an up to 115°. Drank gallons of water had to go from camp to town 62 miles a dozen times getting water for us.
I bet.........its making me itch to hunt one even worse just hearing about it. Just one more reason for me to want to move down there
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

I bet.........its making me itch to hunt one even worse just hearing about it. Just one more reason for me to want to move down there
God they are addictive to an way good eating as well. But hard hard hard to hunt. A true western hunt. Plus they make awesome mounts
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

God they are addictive to an way good eating as well. But hard hard hard to hunt. A true western hunt. Plus they make awesome mounts
I bet they do-theres two other animals native to north america I want to hunt that are hard to hunt I hear......rocky mountain big horns and dahls sheep
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
been wanting to build a Ar for the longest Glock27SC AR-15 Discussion 13 12-27-2011 03:26 PM
Longest Handgun Shot The_Kid General Handgun Discussion 39 11-30-2011 08:39 AM
longest shot with 5.56 AR carbine? CaseyChadwell AR-15 Discussion 5 08-29-2011 07:03 PM
Longest owned vehicle? nwrednk The Club House 33 01-29-2011 02:15 AM
what's the longest shot you have taken? ShadowLID General Rifle Discussion 33 01-31-2010 03:25 AM