Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Longest shots you have taken on big game

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
A rifle capable of 1" at 100 yards is shooting 1 minute of angle at 1,200 yards. That means your best bet is 12". Now really things are never perfect under field conditions. My thoughts do as you please.
Yes I know you are all above average marksman. I shoot Compt. thru the SW how many of you have I met on the Range?
Either u have something to add about the longest shot you have made or shut up bud, dont need any of you fact pouring bs. If you cant shoot long range with any conf then thats on you. But dont get on here talkin **** bout how we are all pros an bs just shut up. By the way since you are so great about sizes whats the distance u gave 1200 yrds??? An moa is 12" well a antelope kill zone is 14" so hummm im no wiz but I do think you got one there huh. Enough of your crap.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

700 yards on a bedded 5x6 elk. 7mm RUM. 165 gr nosler partition III. Prone off from a fallen aspen in Wyoming. High double lung shot w a spine hold, gun was sighted in 2" high at 100 yards. Had a 5 mph cross wind.

Night stalker we hear all the time how your a competition shooter and big game guide.....how come none of us has heard of you?

__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

I have never heard of you? Would you like to meet me at the Texas State Shoot. That would be a good place for a meeting?

Arn't you a World Class gun builder? Please PM your shop Info. I am most interested in haveing a Long Range target rifle set up. Thx

__________________

Last edited by nitestalker; 01-24-2013 at 05:30 PM.
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have never heard of you? Would you like to meet me at the Texas State Shoot. That would be a good place for a meeting?

Arn't you a World Class gun builder? Please PM your shop Info. I am most interested in haveing a Long Range target rifle set up. Thx
Ya I build long range guns but I'm picky on who I sell to.....in your case I would be anyways
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,538
Liked 1351 Times on 918 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
A rifle capable of 1" at 100 yards is shooting 1 minute of angle at 1,200 yards. That means your best bet is 12". Now really things are never perfect under field conditions. My thoughts do as you please.
Yes I know you are all above average marksman. I shoot Compt. thru out the SW how many of you have I met on the Range?
I have never been to rifle range except in the military. I don't know how far the longest shot I have ever made to take a deer. I shot a doe to catch a pack of dogs. She was far enough that I shot and a second or two later the doe fell. I drilled her right through the shoulder with open sights. I was shooting a 30/06 with 150 gr Winchester soft point ammo. The bullet stuck under the does skin on the exit side. I usually don't take such shots. If I had not shot that doe down we might not have caught the dogs until the next AM. I wanted to sleep in my own bed. I have never left a hunting dog in the woods.
__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

I have never been to rifle range except in the military. I don't know how far the longest shot I have ever made to take a deer. I shot a doe to catch a pack of dogs. She was far enough that I shot and a second or two later the doe fell. I drilled her right through the shoulder with open sights. I was shooting a 30/06 with 150 gr Winchester soft point ammo. The bullet stuck under the does skin on the exit side. I usually don't take such shots. If I had not shot that doe down we might not have caught the dogs until the next AM. I wanted to sleep in my own bed. I have never left a hunting dog in the woods.
Thats a good shot for open sights, damn dogs huh lmao. Lil buggers
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Just post your shop? I would like to check your ratings? Now any craftsman would do that. I have never know a custom gun maker who wanted to hid his art???

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

My shop is my signature under my avatar

__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

I am sorry I can not find a listing for that name in the Directory Of Custom Smiths. Please address and phone or email information. Thx

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I am sorry I can not find a listing for that name in the Directory Of Custom Smiths. Please address and phone or email information. Thx
Come on take the pissin match to pm' s please I just wanted to hear peoples best shot stories thats all.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
been wanting to build a Ar for the longest Glock27SC AR-15 Discussion 13 12-27-2011 03:26 PM
Longest Handgun Shot The_Kid General Handgun Discussion 39 11-30-2011 08:39 AM
longest shot with 5.56 AR carbine? CaseyChadwell AR-15 Discussion 5 08-29-2011 07:03 PM
Longest owned vehicle? nwrednk The Club House 33 01-29-2011 02:15 AM
what's the longest shot you have taken? ShadowLID General Rifle Discussion 33 01-31-2010 03:25 AM