Let the games begin
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Let the games begin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Let the games begin

Well gentlemen and ladies the hunting season is upon us once again. Here in Wisconsin early season goose opened on sept. 1st. and (drum roll please) archery whitetail starts Sept 12th.

I had arrived in bear camp the morning of 9/11/2001 and did not find out until later that night about the tragedy that took place at the World Trade Center buildings. Although I was very excited about doing something I love, I was also deeply disturbed and saddened by the unfolding events of that day.

I'm starting my hunting season this year commemorating that faithful day by spending time alone in the woods the morning 9/11/2009 saying a few prayers for the victims and their families. LET US NEVER FORGET.

As for all my fellow hunters in this forum, good luck, stay safe, and please share some stories. Hunter Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Lost two friends that day. RIP Todd and Al, you two will forever be in my heart and prayers.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)