Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Lead free Shotgun ammo in Germany! Other countrys too

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Lead free Shotgun ammo in Germany! Other countrys too

Hi Ppl,

is there any diskussion in other countrys abaut establishing Lead free hunting ammo.

Thx for answers in advance

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

You must use lead free ammo on federal land in Germany.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Really i just thougth baden württemberg and lower Saxonia is starting 2014 with it.

ist it already established???? thought they still discusting, cause some of our manufactures here (Turkey) are not up to date then. Maybe i shall give them a hint.

How about other countrys. On another forum i read that sweden want to establish this too in 2006 but they withdraw.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I am in the Rheinland-Pflaz. It started earlier this year. Federal lands only. Not private hunting reviers or shooting ranges.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

they say its due to natur protection but i doubt that. Cause the alternative Ammo is dangeraus for the natur too. and not so effizient( good developed ) as lead ammo.

What is your personal opinion in this case jaegermeister?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 477

If lead shot isn't eaten by animals it is harmless. Lead is inert, it can not leach into the soil. In fact, when lead shot is plowed into the soil it does not raise the levels of lead above what is naturally in the soil. There is plenty of lead shot in the soil in my fields. I have the soil tested every 3 years. The amount of lead never increases. Copper does increase because it is in herbicides. The copper is healthy for my plants. Soil testing is done by the USDA.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Dostarms Likes This 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 6022

Dostarms, Lead seems to have the same effect wordwide, yes it does kill and cause brain damage but now a days, mostly only if your looking down the business end of a barrel! Weve beat this subject up here pretty hard but really, it boils down to restricting lead usage in firearms is nonsense, lead is perfect for a projectile, finest kind, besides, using harder materials to manufacture bullets will ultimately end up causing more issues not less, can you say Sabot or Armor Piercing?

Its like saying we should run diesel fuel in our automobile that was made for Gasoline, makes no sense. We already know that we need to pick the shot out of the meat before its cooked and if we get a piece, spit it out and keep eating. We dont stop eating fish because they have bones do we?

Lastly, where do these Regulators think that lead came from, an Alchemist? It came from the ground below our feet and thats where it will end up when were done with it, whats the big deal with that?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Not valid argumentations?

So all argumentation about natur protection,lead is poisoning the groundwater, or the soil is not valid?

İam not native speaker so sorry for mistakes

Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 6022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostarms View Post
So all argumentation about natur protection,lead is poisoning the groundwater, or the soil is not valid?

İam not native speaker so sorry for mistakes
You are doing Sehr Gut mein Freund! The unlike possibility is only in the case of a shooting range in a marsh that never recovers its lead (like the military bases).
Old 11-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
You are doing Sehr Gut mein Freund! The unlike possibility is only in the case of a shooting range in a marsh that never recovers its lead (like the military bases).
Danke

yes i understand that