Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > the law and the war---

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default the law and the war---

Here in the Great State of Taxisota or mosquitoland, a while back I was miffed when the DNR started to recommend that harvested deer be transported out of sight. All of my life I have enjoyed seeing what other hunters were taking home.
Their reasoning was that our world is divided into three groups; pro-hunting, anti-hunting, and the largest group being neutral -neither pro nor anti. To survive politically we did not want to move those in the neutral group to the anti group. It had nothing to do with right or wrong. It had nothing to do with what was legal and what was not. Because things are decided by the ballot box, don't get people excited against you. From my perspective, perhaps it is not a bad idea to back off on the open carry. We can win a battle or two but we need to win the war.
I'm glad for the laws permitting open carry, I'd surely hate to be busted for someone spotting the bottom edge of my holster and then claiming i was "flashing". What if exception was taken to a gun "printing"?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This thread is probably more appropriate for the concealed carry forum, since it appears to me you're raising the "concealed vs. open carry" argument.

In Georgia, with the proper licensing, one may carry either openly or concealed, so we have no "printing" or "brandishing" concerns to deal with.

I carry for one reason: that of my own personal safety and that of those I care about who might be with me. I prefer to be anonymous and unidentifiable as being armed, and therefore I carry concealed.

If one chooses to open carry, I support your right to do so, but you are giving up the element of surprise. To those who might be put off by seeing an armed person, I say "get over it." The carry community is comprised of highly responsible and lawful citizenry, and as ambassadors of the Second Amendment the ones I have been around have been excellent role models.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation