Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > last season's beauty in Alabama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default last season's beauty in Alabama

South Alabama Deer. Close to the state record.

thats me in the picture with it.
it scored 178. We have a farm in south alabama, and my dad has been feeding the deer protein and making sure they get big. Hes had this deer on camera for at least 5 years. It was truly a blessing that he got to shoot it. And it tastes good! My dad also has many guns. at least 12-15 rifles/shotguns. Only one hand gun though.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #2

I would be all over that, it looks great! What did he weigh? Ya'll are like us I guess, around 15-20 rifles and shotguns, but only four pistols, and two were handed down.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #3

Good looking buck, I like the crazy medusa looking droptine! That's a big one for lower Alabama too, a real trophy.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #4

Liked 662 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I go for the best meat flavor, the smallest and youngest will catch my bullet every time. I would side step for that one though and have a taxidermist on the phone before it was field dressed. Good catch for-sure.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 09-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah between my immediate family id say 15 rifles/shotguns and 3 or 4 hand guns. my mom has a .357, dad a .44 magnum, and me with my 9mm. then countless rifles and shot guns.

it was big for a south alabama deer. we hunt for trophies on the farm. nothing under an 8 point gets shot. must be as wide as the ears to be considered. ill post a picture of my last buck. not nearly this big but a nice one.

I dont remember what it weighed though. i wanna say 220lbs. It was a hoss thats for sure.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:37 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't suppose you have room for another hunter in your hunting camp. Great deer.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

actually my dad just started a hunting guide business. trophy-seekers.com. just remembered. its on other land that he leases, but equally as good of deer came from that land too. You could give him a call and see. i dont know the prices. I know hes almost booked solid for the rut in january though.

but thanks. ill get my deer up ASAP

Old 09-15-2010, 03:48 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My deer. 8 point. and yes, i was fat, it was a couple years ago. and thats my ex gf. she helped find it.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Some nice dder you guys are growing down there. I'm glad to see you're letting them grow. A lot of people complain about not seeing big deer anymore and then 2 weeks later you see them pull up with a 4 point in the bed of their truck. To a lot of guys, if it's brown it's down is the motto which just annoys me. I let two bucks walk already this season in hopes that they will survive and grow.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

thanks. yeah ever since i can remember my dad has been practicing trophy hunting. especially now since people will shoot anything, and theres a lot more hunters than there used to be. Makes seeing a trophy harder and harder. I go years without shooting a buck waiting on a big enough one. But we still shoot a few doe a year too.