For Jon the Mod. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > For Jon the Mod.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Yeah, then they could eat each other.
I just heard the other day that there are wild hogs in Oregon not 200 miles south of me and moving north..
Oh joy, another critter to cut into the profits of Ag. and ranching operations.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5664 Times on 2958 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotenator View Post
Who would have thought that they wouldn't stay where they put them!!!

Seriously, did the boneheads who reintroduced them into Yellowstone really think that they would stay in Yellowstone?
There is a reason that they were hunted to extinction in the lower 48, it was because they were eating the livestock that was the mainstay of the western states economies.

Here in Washington they are already causing problems North of Spokane , to the point where the state is hunting down an 8 member pack that has been predating on cattle.

South of Spokane in my area I have neighbors who have taken pics of lone wolves, in one case in their backyard 50 feet from the house, and I am sure that it is just a matter of time before somebody loses livestock or a pet to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
It's a shame how nature turns. Our red wolves are almost extinct. Wolves in Wyoming are thriving. We have plenty of habitat for the red wolf, just not enough small game to feed them. I never thought a species as mighty as the red wolf would be eliminated by the feral house cat.

Congrats, that is a nice kill.
they will just do what wolves have always done. eat people. yes humans are a staple dietary item of wolves. just ask the russians and the native americans.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1071 Posts
Likes Given: 587

The reintroduction of wolves was a deliberate attempt to wipe out the cattle ranchers. The people that reintroduced them knew very well they would not stay put and one admitted it. The " Radical Environmentalists" lied about the spotted owl and they are lying about the wolves. To them the end justifies the means no matter who it hurts.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
they will just do what wolves have always done. eat people. yes humans are a staple dietary item of wolves. just ask the russians and the native americans.
Maybe what we need to do is make the above work for us.

What we should do is reintroduce wolves to Wa. D.C. where they might do some good.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1071 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotenator View Post
Maybe what we need to do is make the above work for us.

What we should do is reintroduce wolves to Wa. D.C. where they might do some good.
They would probably gag on a politician.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Coyotenator Likes This 
Old 11-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #16

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Ok, if they were in TX, NM, AZ they could help out our board problem. That may reduce the drug & crime problem.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #17

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Wolf reintrduction was a lie from the start. The native wolves were here all a long and under control. The "Greens" raised money from across the country to plant these nonnative Canadian Greys. Yes, the Animal rights people claimed they would stay in the Yellowstone Eco. Hell they moved out of there the first week.

As some one posted this was about land control. The state and the Federal Govt. went to court. The state won as of this month in the Western Region Wolves can be shot on sight. The "Greens" are goin crazy if Obama goes back in I expect he will try to stop it. But for today it is , Lock and Load!!!

Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5664 Times on 2958 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Wolf reintrduction was a lie from the start. The native wolves were here all a long and under control. The "Greens" raised money from across the country to plant these nonnative Canadian Greys. Yes, the Animal rights people claimed they would stay in the Yellowstone Eco. Hell they moved out of there the first week.

As some one posted this was about land control. The state and the Federal Govt. went to court. The state won as of this month in the Western Region Wolves can be shot on sight. The "Greens" are goin crazy if Obama goes back in I expect he will try to stop it. But for today it is , Lock and Load!!!
kill as many of those vile things as you can. before its too late

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #19

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Jon the war is on no doubt about that. I need to clear up the picture I did not shoot that animal. I have an album and I will post some more very interesting kills. There are far more Wolves than than the Federal estimates. They have wiped out the Coyotes in many areas. The moose Elk and livestock are hurting as well. Many isolated ranches are being destroyed and the people are in constant danger.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #20

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
Wow! They should have them in the south were the hog problems are!
Let's not screw with nature. I would much rather have a continuing hog problem more than a continuing wolf problem, at least you can eat the hogs. Food for thought; what are the wolves going to feed on after the hogs are eradicated?

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln