interesting varmint kills/stories - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > interesting varmint kills/stories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Nasty
I remember one time when I was very young ...........

I had a Walker hound coon dog that was chained up to a post. There was one squirrel that would always try to piss him off. Everyday the squirrel would stand far enough to where the dog couldn't reach him and wiggle around it's tail, for a long time. He would just howl and howl. After a while the dog started getting loose from the tree and would tree the squirrel while the squirrel stood in the tree stareing at my hound and wiggling it's tale. It started to get really annoying. So one day my dad got real pissed about it and went and grabbed his Savage 22 rifle. He handed me the rifle and told me to go shoot it. I was around 10 or 11 at the time. So I shot him down. The bullet entered it's neck and angled to it's skull. Then I let my coon dog have some fun with him.
Good way to get rid of a pest and allow revenge

Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #22

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Good way to get rid of a pest and allow revenge
Lol dam straight

Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #23

The first and thesecond pictures are a little bit a dissonance an animal with a smashed head and a happy kid with a foxy. Or the fox is dead, too?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #24

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCornelia
The first and thesecond pictures are a little bit a dissonance an animal with a smashed head and a happy kid with a foxy. Or the fox is dead, too?
The coyote was well past dead.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Relaxation..........

Way back when, I was dumb and full of...... When I'd get off work i'd go to the mini mart and pick up a six pack. Then I'd drive over to the local fields where I new there would be nutria, armadilios, and if I was lucky swamp rabbits, never had a problem with the land owners or the cops......Who said you can't shoot off a highway.......The only complaint I got was from the fellow who had to bush hog the property.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 06-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Not sure if it counts as a varmint, but its an interesting story.

I was outside with a buddy standing next to the wood pile and running rounds through my paintball gun because I just finished completely rebuilding it and modifying everything. I popped off about a hundred shots and paused to check things over. A chipmunk jumped out of the wood pile and barked at me. It actually scared me and I instinctively turned and fired. From 3 feet away the paintball was well beyond lethal and the chipmunk popped like a zit. As I was mind shout due to the scare when the chipmunk popped I got brains in my mouth. Kinda tasty even before they are cooked.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #27

Liked 2523 Times on 1637 Posts

I was in my driveway with my wife and brother in law when a groundhog started crossing the road about 200 yards away. I pointed it out to my boxer/ black lab mix- smart dog (rip). He waited for me to tell him it was ok to cross the road, then snuck up on said varmit through the ditch so he wouldn't be seen.
When he got close to the groundhog that was several feet off the road, he was spotted. As he charged, the groundhog did a 180 to head back to his hole, forcing the dog to do the same. The groundhog ran until the dog caught up. They sparred for a minute, then he decided to run for it- big mistake. That 115 lb dog could make short work of a small animal, and this was no exception.

I've never seen a dog go to lengths like that to sneak up on an animal. My b.I.l. was jumping up and down he was so excited.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #28

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

This is a Buzzbug that took refuge under my porch step, Susan took offense to him being there and blew his head off with her 9mm Beretta. He was 68" long live, and 16 pounds. I cut 4" of head off of him, and this is his skin compared to my 1873 Springfield.

Definition: Buzzbug=Western Diamondback Rattlesnake.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life
Times are tough, ammo is expensive, there will be no warning shots.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #29

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I was out with my dad sitting next to my uncle pond waiting for a muskrat to pop up, well we sat there for hours. I went to go pee came back and I just froze a buck with two doe's started walking up the steep embankment on the far left side of the pond. They came within 50 yards of us and they started drinking from the pond then two big doe's came up from the same side. I **** you not as soon as the last two doe's started drink up popped the little **** (muskrat), I put three rounds into him and he went down. But that was an awesome sight hell that was one of the best hunts I've ever been on with my father.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 06-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 265 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Default Snake

Thats the largest snake I've ever seen.

Brave woman, I wouldn't have gone after him w anything less than a 12 ga. He didn't get that big by accident; you may have to replace him for rodent control. Maybe something a wee bit smaller this time...

Last edited by Gonzilla; 06-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.