Idaho Wolves - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Idaho Wolves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127 View Post
There are still so few wild wolves in the US they need to be protected not hunted by a bunch of ignorant farmers
Here is the problem- people like you send thousands of dollars to Suzanne Stone and she is making a good living on you !!!!! Yes she puts pictures of baby wolves on fundraiser crap and her plan is to get college students to donate their time and stay up all night and bang pots and pans to chase the wolves away from the sheep herds.

Read the story that they are claiming as a big success to have a pilot program that they can have all around the country ????????

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005143237&var_Year=2012&var_Month=0 8&var_Day=03#.UTF2EnNc-3U

Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
There are still so few wild wolves in the US they need to be protected not hunted by a bunch of ignorant farmers
What, exactly, are those farmers ignorant of? And where do you get your information?

I live in CA where hunting mountain lions has been illegal since the early 1970's when Ronald Reagan signed a moratorium on lion hunting. Since then the lion population has grown unchecked. Lions are becoming a threat to people now, instead of their being a threat only to livestock and pets.

Are the people in Idaho and other wolf habitat supposed to wait until people start getting killed by wolves before they are considered a "problem"?
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #33

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Chase is a product of Urban America. He has no idea of where his Big Mac with double cheese comes from. I notice his avatar is a pet dog how cute. The wolves are killing pet dogs and working dogs in the West every day. I expect if he found only a bloody collar of his dog in the back yard he might understand.
People Like This 
Old 03-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #34

Liked 41 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 14

North Idaho is not farm country. The valleys are to narrow and the mountian sides to steep. The Timber Wolf was native to north Idaho and are no longer here.
Now we have arctic grey wolves who are a non native specie in a habitiat not capable of sustaining them for much longer. Thats why there have never been any here. They killed off the remaining timber wolves.
So the statement killing off the rest of the native wolves in the us is way beyond ignorant.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Like bears, these wolves might be best protected in a game preserve or a zoo; they don't seem to be fitting in well in Idaho.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #36

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58 View Post
North Idaho is not farm country. The valleys are to narrow and the mountian sides to steep. The Timber Wolf was native to north Idaho and are no longer here.
Now we have arctic grey wolves who are a non native specie in a habitiat not capable of sustaining them for much longer. Thats why there have never been any here. They killed off the remaining timber wolves.
So the statement killing off the rest of the native wolves in the us is way beyond ignorant.
I remember when Fish and Game Officers went into Lolo with the helicopters and couldn't even kill them from the sky. The dogs hid so well they had to give up because they got such poor results. I wish they would just get a grip on this and start offering a bounty.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
I wish they would just get a grip on this and start offering a bounty.
That might turn into a profitable tourism opportunity. If i could afford it (time and money), i would probably treat myself to a bear hunt for Christmas.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #38

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I don't know why people think predators are harmless, maybe in small numbers but the population gets to big for natural food source they get brave and go for cattle, sheep and domestic animals in their area.

For the city folk, imagine if dangerous gangs move into your neighborhood and started stalking your house!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 03-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #39

Liked 29 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70
I don't know why people think predators are harmless, maybe in small numbers but the population gets to big for natural food source they get brave and go for cattle, sheep and domestic animals in their area.

For the city folk, imagine if dangerous gangs move into your neighborhood and started stalking your house!
Wolves don't care about their natural food source, they'll go after cattle just because its there. This has and is already happening in idaho. But you are correct when the natural food source is diminished the wolves will start getting desperate and bold in what and where they hunt.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #40

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
What tree hugger website are you getting your information from? Wolves are over running every area where the governement turned them loose, this may not have gotten to be such a problem if they would have been delisted years ago when they reached their target populations. Everytime there was a delisting some idiot lib filed suit and some lib judge ruled they still be protected. Endangered or not endangered is a matter of numbers, not liberal sensibilities. If they shoot for a population of 500 in a given state and the current population is 3000 and growing, that's only the ones which are actually counted, then please explain to me how these animals are endangered? Maybe they are endangered in Florida, or Louisiana or Illinois or Maryland. They aren't endangered in WI, MN, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. Hopefully some day they will be extinct in the lower 48 like they belong.