Idaho Wolves - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Idaho Wolves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I grew up and live in North Idaho.What most people dont know is the arctic grey wolf is not native to Idaho. They are a feral animal. We had timber wolves here that were native and they were rare to see. I have seen one in my life.
The grey wolves killed off any timber wolves left. Timber wolves are the size of a malmute.Way smaller than a grey wolf.
In smelterville Idaho the wolves have been down by I-90 free way chaseing elk and attacked and killed them in full view of people in the walmart parking lot.
They have decimated our elk herds until we can no longer kill cow elk and have to shoot bulls only. Plus the season has been shortened up.
If any of you want to see more pictures and detailed imformation on them such as how they like to take down cow elk rip into the rear of them and pull out the fetuses and eat them and leave the cow elk dying. There are plenty of pictures proving this and many pics of kills for fun not eaten.
It is Save the elk .com
They are not hard to kill like a cougar they are thin skinned and nothing like a bear or hog to kill. Locals here have been killing them on sight since before it was legal and year round. Idaho has opened up trapping and extending the seasons to hunt them.
We want them gone along with all the tree hugging city peukes who pushed for them to be transplanted here.
Under stand this was not done by people from Idaho but out of state wierdos who are anti hunting and antigun subhuman educated idiots.
The wolves are no
t the only problem with the cougar populations growing and a lack of interest in hunting them. The griz bears have also grown in populations where it is common to come across them in the woods pretty often.
So I suggest any one comming here to hunt the wolves make sure you are equiped with fire arms that you may have to use to defend your self with.
I hope many people will come and hunt them and help us rid the woods of these nonative killing machines.
No one here is a expert hunting them. But I can tell you this much. They are smarter than dogs and if you hunt them you are hunting hunters and they know it. Trying to track and stalk them like a elk or deer is almost as hard as going after cougars with out dogs.
Hunting them with dogs would get your dogs killed and eaten. The best way is to cover a lot of ground on a four wheeler where you come across them. They are not afraid of man and will run right buy you chaseing a deer or elk. But if you get on there sighn they will not let you get close for a shot.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #22

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Grey Wolves were brought to the U.S. by the Government. The Fed ignored the native wolves and introduced these animals.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8109 Times on 4683 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

If any of you run across a book by Jim Corbett pick it up. He wrote several books about his experiences as a hunter of man-eating cats in India and I believe Africa. Talk about the hunter being hunted! Fascinating books though. I have "The Man Eaters of Kumoan", "Man Eaters" and "The Temple Tiger" in my collection.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 AM   #24

VD did you ever read any of the Chapstick books? He wrote one in which big poisonous snakes hunted from the canapes above your head in the jungle. This would give you cold chills just reading it.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8109 Times on 4683 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
VD did you ever read any of the Chapstick books? He wrote one in which big poisonous snakes hunted from the canapes above your head in the jungle. This would give you cold chills just reading it.
(I prefer not to be called VD. Hope you understand.)

So poisonous snakes in the finger food eh?

I presume you mean canopies. Never heard of Chapstick books, let alone read them. Are the non-fiction?

Jim Corbett is a real person who served as a sort of game warden in India a hundred years ago. His reputation was absolutely legendary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Corbett_%28hunter%29

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #26

Sorry I was a sleep at the Wheel. Peter Capsticks books non fiction.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/death-in-the-long-grass-peter-h-capstick/1012144120

Old 03-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #27

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Hey Vikingdad the books he is talking about are written by Peter capstick death in the long grass is one of them. Great books and yes he was a real hunter. I highly suggest buying or going to your local library to pick some up.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
(I prefer not to be called VD. Hope you understand.)
Bawahahahahahahahahahaha!

Re snakes hunting from the canopy: I rethought letting my pet snake have the run of the apartment after he dropped onto my shoulders as i walked into the bathroom those many years ago. Happily, he was only joking...i guess.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #29

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

There are still so few wild wolves in the US they need to be protected not hunted by a bunch of ignorant farmers

Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #30

Liked 26 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127
There are still so few wild wolves in the US they need to be protected not hunted by a bunch of ignorant farmers
No they don't, and it is you that is ignorant! Tell that to a farmer that has just had his livestock which are his/her livelihood slaughtered so that some pompous easterner can keep the west wild. Get a clue buddy and do some research, pretty soon we will be having to reintroduce the elk into this area due to the fact that these "endangered" wolves keep running down pregnant elk just so they can eat the baby inside and leave the cow elk suffering.