I Let Him Go
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > I Let Him Go

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Default I Let Him Go

Well, I let this one go and two other bucks, because I have already taken a buck the size of the one in the picture. I saw 7 does, three bucks. The three bucks were a five point, 6 point and what would have been an 8 point, but one side was gone and must have been broken off in a fight. You can take three bucks a year and thee does a day in TN but I already had some meat in the freezer from the first day hunt in Mississippi and I want a big one. So outside of having fun and taking some cool pictures below, I came up empty of horns but was not empty of a good time.

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8469

I admire your discretion.

For some reason, I think does would be better eating than bucks. Is that right?

Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

** mad respect **

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1162 Times on 797 Posts
Likes Given: 1175

Way to go, now that is hunting.............

When all else fails.

People Like This 
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #5

Thannks guys, I did have fun.

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2429 Times on 1203 Posts
Likes Given: 1232

Bullet,

Respect to you! I am with you. I saw several 8s and a couple of 10s in Texas the first of November from the stand. But like you said I killed a 10 last year and the ones this year were no larger or no additional points so I patiently watched them and saw them walk on. So this year it was stricktly meat hunting. So I shot some does and some pigs for breakfast sausage and deer summer sausage with cheese and jalopenas. Makes me hungry thinking of it! Anyway as stated that is hunting and thanks for being a real sportsman. If we had to have them for meat to feed the family that would be a different matter. Have a great season! Here is the 2011 Buck!

2011-buck.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 12-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2429 Times on 1203 Posts
Likes Given: 1232

Second Better Picture of the antlers!

2011-buck-2.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #8

Sniper03, I am hoping that your picture brings me some good luck before the season ends here and before my next whitetail trip the second week of January. Thanks for posting.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1512 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 529

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I admire your discretion.

For some reason, I think does would be better eating than bucks. Is that right?
The does are better as long as you don't shoot them during a full moon. The does come into heat during the full moon. There is no difference when the does are in heat.

Getting the pictures are just as good as shooting the deer. In fact, taking multiple pictures is harder than shooting a deer. Job well done!!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

are you a pro photog?? those are some awesome pics!! if your ever in wisconsin i got some guns i want great pics of!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...