I just could not pull the trigger! - Page 5

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > I just could not pull the trigger!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 69 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intheshop View Post
Was napping up against a tree onetime....woke up by a rustle in the leaves.It was a big bruiser Buck just finishing the biz.Doe wonder'd off like she had been shot?Buck was wobbly legged as he approached.Didn't give it a second thought and sent a .44 through the breadbasket.
How'ed your taxidermist do at removing that crooked silly grin?

Old 05-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #42

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You shot the deer in the "Bread Basket"? That is the stomach?

Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #43

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Full frontal shot.........not the best shot angle but what can I say?It was a Lyman 429421 that did in fact make it to,and past,the diaphram(and ultimately through the stomach).Have shot "right many" Deer.....to the point of having several damage permits,where you just simply lose count.And,that particular buck had one of the most solid blood trails I've ever seen.(Pardon the gore),it looked like you were pouring blood out of a 5 G bucket.

The only other blood trail that was as dramatic was shot by my youngist with a....gasp,.243.Classic quartering away on a smallish doe.We measured a 16" wound channel that easily measured 3-4" at entrance and exit,balooning up to @6-7" mid-span.It was funny because I made him trail the animal,which wasn't 50' from the hit.Understanding why I wanted him to.He was just a cpl years out of diapers when I used to take him to some farms with damage permits.

The best call I ever got(get several calls a year for tracking jobs) was from him one day while I was at work.Probably 13 or so at the time,and had taken the initiative to go hunting by himself.....which is saying a lot considering today's youth.So anyway,he's in the woods behind the house and nails a doe......calls me for processing help.I get home and it's a kind of small(really small) animal.His story was.....there were several Deer,he thought about the serious uphill drag he was faced with and wisely chose the smallest.Think that might have been the most proud of any of my boy's hunting,haha.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #44

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Yes I could..

Brings to mind, the cycle of life, as one life ends, another begins, etc, etc, just as long as you pull the trigger when he has finished..... Yes, of course shoot...