I have to say this would be alot of fun... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

I have to say this would be alot of fun...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRhino View Post
There is nothing native to most of the country that hunts them, they could easily kill a black bear...
LIGHTBULB!!! Two birds with one stone; let's get them to start dumping the problem bears from Yellowstone Zoo in areas with large hog populations then shoot whatever wins the scrap.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRhino View Post
I used to hunt feral hogs in texas with my buddies dogs ... those things are monsters. They will go after people, have attacked children, will eat meat, kill small game, go after deer, destroy property and food sources for other animals, foul water sources and spread disease to other animals and can easily reach 500lbs or more. They should be killed with any means possible. There is nothing native to most of the country that hunts them, they could easily kill a black bear or cougar, and will attack in packs. If anyone says these things deserve to live in peace or be left alone they are not informed at all. I would carpet bomb them if I could personally.
Every hog hunting show on tv that Ive watch they all try run them down with dogs and catch them alive. Someone at work told me they catch them to sell them to trophy hunt camps to have someone else hunt it in a nice fenced in parcel. I say shootem.

I think it was just on Lady Hoggers, she caught a huge boar that was a problem. But instead of catching it or killing it she just castrated it. Sure it wont sire any future pigs, but it will still reak havok on farm land and livestock.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 11-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Every hog hunting show on tv that Ive watch they all try run them down with dogs and catch them alive. Someone at work told me they catch them to sell them to trophy hunt camps to have someone else hunt it in a nice fenced in parcel. I say shootem.

I think it was just on Lady Hoggers, she caught a huge boar that was a problem. But instead of catching it or killing it she just castrated it. Sure it wont sire any future pigs, but it will still reak havok on farm land and livestock.
Why don't you watch yourself a few episodes of "American Hoggers" ondemand ... there are 4 or 5 there to see.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1589 Times on 1076 Posts
Likes Given: 1724

Sure thins em out if you ask me...........