Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > I have to say this would be alot of fun...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default I have to say this would be alot of fun...

Now I would not really class this as sportsmen like hunting but in parts of the
country these vermin are a real problem. They are not indigenous and are
destroying the ecosystem and crops. But looks like fun...

Now all you need is a M-60 with tracers. Would tracers ruin the meat?

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #2

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I find that sad, disgusting, and disgraceful.... from a sporting viewpoint.

If it's legal, and a severe pest species (which they totally are), I can't really whole heartedly condemn it. I just wouldn't participate, I'd have to leave it to someone else.

It's not really sporting to bomb a house with insecticide to kill roaches either.... But it must be done.

I would hope that they would try to pick up some of the pigs though. That's good hide, and the meat could go to homeless shelters.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

This sort of thing turns more and more people against hunting and hunters.

I have no idea if this is legal, but if it's not legal, I hope Fish and Game in Texas use the video as evidence and track down the folks involved. California Department of Fish and Game have used self posted videos and photos to successfully go after wildlife crimes - kudos to them for being resourceful.

On a similar note, the U.S. Congress has endorsed a similar slaughter of Roosevelt Elk on Santa Rosa Island in the once great state of California, thanks to Senator Dianne Feinstein and Senator Barbara Boxer. Read more about that government endorsed removal of an important gene bank here: NRA-ILA ::

Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #4

Liked 707 Times on 455 Posts
Likes Given: 227

"in parts of the
country these vermin are a real problem. They are not indigenous and are
destroying the ecosystem"

This could be said about cats but it is not politically correct so you don't here about it.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
This sort of thing turns more and more people against hunting and hunters.

I have no idea if this is legal, but if it's not legal, I hope Fish and Game in Texas use the video as evidence and track down the folks involved. California Department of Fish and Game have used self posted videos and photos to successfully go after wildlife crimes - kudos to them for being resourceful.
As of Sept.1 2011,It is legal here in Texas to hunt Non-Game species by air.

We have an estimated 2.5 million feral hogs in this state,and they do billions of dollars of damage to farms,ranches,and personal property.
Feral hogs are a major problem here,and in many other states.It is almost impossible to put a dent into their population by regular hunting.They are mainly nocturnal,and you have to really get down and dirty to hunt them on the ground.
Hogs are a very smart animal,and they learn fast what,when,and where to avoid.

Hunting feral hogs by air wasn't meant to be sporting.It is needed to help put a dent in the huge problem that we have with them.

If all the candy a$$es don't agree with this method,I'd be happy to bring a trailer full of these pigs to their little piece of paradise,and turn them loose in their little manicured lawns.Then we'd see if they care how they are taken care of.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 11-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
We have 2.5 million feral hogs in this state...
Hey, if someone counted them all why didn't they just keep 'em penned up?

(just kidding...)

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #7

Likes Given: 1

Looks like fun to me. Where do I sign up?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #8

I used to hunt feral hogs in texas with my buddies dogs ... those things are monsters. They will go after people, have attacked children, will eat meat, kill small game, go after deer, destroy property and food sources for other animals, foul water sources and spread disease to other animals and can easily reach 500lbs or more. They should be killed with any means possible. There is nothing native to most of the country that hunts them, they could easily kill a black bear or cougar, and will attack in packs. If anyone says these things deserve to live in peace or be left alone they are not informed at all. I would carpet bomb them if I could personally.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:

We have an estimated 2.5 million feral hogs in this state,and they do billions of dollars of damage to farms,ranches,and personal property.
Feral hogs are a major problem here,and in many other states.It is almost impossible to put a dent into their population by regular hunting.They are mainly nocturnal,and you have to really get down and dirty to hunt them on the ground.

Hunting feral hogs by air wasn't meant to be sporting.It is needed to help put a dent in the huge problem that we have with them.

If all the candy a$$es don't agree with this method,I'd be happy to bring a trailer full of these pigs to their little piece of paradise,and turn them loose in their little manicured lawns.Then we'd see if they care how they are taken care of.
It's not just videos like the one being discussed in this thread that's literally killing the sport of hunting and firearm ownership and use.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #10

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:

NO thanks !!! , kill them however need be we dont need any of them in IL
The only good hog is the one in my skillet that tastes like bacon