Hunting wild turkey - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hunting wild turkey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 04:44 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 315 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I shoulda stayed home and drank, rather then go out with minimal sleep and listen to the wind.
Suburban spot, killed some there before..........others hunt similar setups around me.

Didn't hear anything (but geese).

Jakes clueless, but no tom comes easy. Oak ridge bisects the place. Biggest from there 24# and he tasted pretty crappy. Killed quite a few first yr toms elsewhere (also a big oak place) and they were good eats.

Storms tomorrow, feel 'em comin'...............think I'm just gonna try to sleep in.

Public land tick fest down south next weekend........lots of people, tough terrain.........just want to nail one there to say I did. Jacked up shoulder at work, so no recurve attempt this week local.
Heck, I have seen turkeys a couple hundred yards from my house, and I live in town!

(gravel pit nearby).

Wish I'd have bought the house down the street, long wooded yard goes to where they cut through.........literally could have bow shot one in the yard there.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:45 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 315 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Rain= fletch new arrows, in case I get the kinks worked out

Oh yeah, I used a blind one yr, worked but HATED the limited view. I go with just a bow/shotgun and a duffle.
Got all my crap in one bag, can ditch it and run n gun, or haul enough crap to stay put semi comfy for a spell (snacks, video, water, deke).

Miss my old featherflex...........not too fond of these more durable rubbery type dekes (hence the duffle). Vests pull on my neck when loaded and give me headaches, so all junk is hand carried. Blast a bird and it's a two trip deal back to the rig.

Last edited by Hookeye; 04-28-2014 at 04:48 AM.