Hunting vehicles

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hunting vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default Hunting vehicles

Thought I'd post some pics of our hunting rigs. They get us where we need to go to hunt, and are also a lot of fun for just ripping around the desert.

My buddy has the 660 Rhino. It is an amazing vehicle. I have some videos of us winching it over a blowdown that was about 6' high and 25' wide a couple of years ago. We have driven it through lap deep water with no problem. It carries a ton of gear and takes it wherever it needs to be. The only thing that has ever stopped it was lack of clearance for the roll cage. Having the winch mounts front and rear has been very helpful.

My son has the Kawi Prairie 360. It has a solid rear axle and can carry a heavy load without tipping or getting squirrelly. Plenty of torque, but it tops out at about 50mph. No problem putting around at 5mph quietly to get back into our hunting area.

I have the Grizzly 700 and love it. Fuel injection keeps it running smooth from a few hundred feet of elevation in our high desert to over 11,000 where we hunt. It has power steering and rides like a motorized Lazy Boy recliner. Fast as hell (70mph), too. But it has an independent rear suspension which makes for extra comfort, but limits the load it can carry without tipping. It also lacks a pull starter which always makes me nervous. But it is a great ride and I love it.

Our campsite is 25 miles from where we hunt and we always race like maniacs the first 20 miles in, and the last 20 miles out. It never gets old.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You ever tried to pull start that grizzly? Give it a shot sometime, it's not as bad you might think. Yamaha makes some great ATVs!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #3

F 350 7.3 and my feet.

let no talents go unused

Old 07-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
You ever tried to pull start that grizzly? Give it a shot sometime, it's not as bad you might think. Yamaha makes some great ATVs!
You mean by towing it? Have not tried it. But I do love my Yamaha. My son's Kawi is a great bike, but it is nowhere near as comfortable after a few hours.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #5

97' Cummins ex cab 4x4 (that ive probably spent 6 times of my future childrens college funds on making it a BAMF!), Kawi Bruteforce 750, and a pair of legs. Ive tried having my dogs pull me in a wagon but....doesnt work.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneckasaurus View Post
97' Cummins ex cab 4x4 (that ive probably spent 6 times of my future childrens college funds on making it a BAMF!), Kawi Bruteforce 750, and a pair of legs. Ive tried having my dogs pull me in a wagon but....doesnt work.
Sounds like an excuse to get another dozen dogs!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-20-2010, 05:40 AM   #7

thats right! hahaha, my two pits are actually labs at heart! Great dogs.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Bad Boy Buggy. Totally electric 4X4 vehicle. this thing wont get stuck. And its all electric so its SILENT! if you dont use lights at night youll never know it passed by.

we also have 2 honda 4wheelers. no pics of those tho. and then we use my dads Z71 suburban sometimes. mainly the bad boy though.

sl730428.jpg  

Old 11-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #9

I use ither my 89 c1500 or my 87 dodge dakota. The dakota is a 4x4 i use at the house and down the road my chevy is 2wd but the farm i hunt on it works good.