Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hunting sticks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Hunting sticks

What would be a good pair of sticks doesn't really matter if it's mono bi or tri. Would be for sitting kneeling and standing. Does anyone have a good recommendation

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #2

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I kind of partial to trigger sticks do to the fact its so easily adjustable. Not the lightest or thinnest but works well . Mine is a single leg model.
http://www.primos.com/products/trigger-sticks/tall-mono-pod-3/

Old 08-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I make my own shooting sticks for far less money than any store bought sticks. Theres many different ways and configurations but what I do is make a trip to the local farm supply store and get a bag of castrateing rings, several green garden stakes plyable rubber tubing that fits over the stakes is optional. The first thing you need to do is measure and cut to size two stakes for whatever length you need. The next step is to slip over a few castrating rings over the two stakes down four or five inches if you want you can cut a 8 or 9 inch section of the plastic tubing and fit it over the ends of the stakes this will act as a cradle. You can do a lot different and make them your own but thats how I did mine.