Hunting for sport guilt? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hunting for sport guilt?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Agreed and sadly 95sniper, here in PA its still protected at private clubs in certain counties as an age old traditional "sport hunt"

These losers have no soul. There is no sport or honor in what they do.
I agree with you, im not sure if it is protected here in nc.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #62

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I, as well as many others, hunt for sport. I do enjoy the taste of the game that I take, and will not go hunting for something I'm unwilling to eat. That simple.

Pest control is different. Squirrels cause me monetary harm when they tear up my yard. Robins can cover my driveway in bird poop in an hour. This is why I own a .177. I never feel guilty about killing these animals. They damage my property. After a while, shooting over their heads doesn't work anymore.

-Matt

Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #63

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

I don't hunt that much, but this is my view. Animals have no soul. Yes, they have feelings and emotions, but that doesn't mean they're human. That said, there must be standards and morals. You wouldn't hunt a deer with something as huge as a .50BMG and completely obliterate it. You would hunt deer with something as small as .22 and torture it. You don't go around town proudly displaying your bloody kill to everyone. You leave the hunting area as you found it.Etc, etc, etc.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 AM   #64
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2737 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I think someone has confused "sport hunting" with just blasting random animals. Sport hunting (to me) is hunting for the enjoyment of the ENTIRE experience. That includes getting out in the field, stalking, observing, locating a suitable target, carefully taking the shot, cleaning, processing and enjoying the game (antlers, pelts, meat, etc). Just because someone hunts for "sport" does not make them an irresponsible murderer of animals. Sport hunting does not mean killing, taking some proof of the kill (pictures, antlers, etc) and leaving the carcass to decompose.

If your vision of sport hunting is this, you have a very closed minded vision and are potentially a troll.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Closed Thread