Hunting for sport guilt? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hunting for sport guilt?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruidKing View Post
Obviously there is no denying that I am an animal lover, and as I stated I have no problem with people doing what has to be done to put food on the plate. Maybe my own lack of experience is causing me to put sport hunting on the level as poaching. I think I would personally find sport hunting more agreeable if people used bows and crossbows to do it. I figure if it's going to be a sport, then the animal should have a sporting chance, no? But then at the same time it's probably less humane.
how old are you? and what is your viewpoints based on? facts or emotions?

hunting provides balance at the level of the eco-system. hunting provides the money used for protecting many different species of game animals. responsible and ethical hunting are nothing like poaching and ethical hunter despise poachers. they are nothing more than common thieves.

your lack of experiance is definately telling. the tool used for hunting has little to do with anything. you think it's so easy to just grab a gun, go into the woods and kill Bambi? it seems very obvious you have surely not hunted before. you might seriously give it a try and then tell us how easy it is.

before you flame on me, let me also say this. i too am an animal lover and killing for the sheer joy of killing is cruel and abusive IMO. hunting is a part of many of our members heritage. time was when hunting helped provide the food put on the table. many of us come from long generations of it. because of that heritage, we have become responsible and ethical hunters. killing only what we would use and doing it as quick and cleanly as possible. most hunters have huge respect for nature and their prey.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #52
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

DruidKing, do you not understand that without hunting, animal populations would be extremely high and they would be fighting and suffering because there would not be enough recourses, you seem to think that all hunters just go out and shoot animals in ways that make them suffer, and you're being intolerant and ignorant.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

how old are you? and what is your viewpoints based on? facts or emotions?

hunting provides balance at the level of the eco-system. hunting provides the money used for protecting many different species of game animals. responsible and ethical hunting are nothing like poaching and ethical hunter despise poachers. they are nothing more than common thieves.

your lack of experiance is definately telling. the tool used for hunting has little to do with anything. you think it's so easy to just grab a gun, go into the woods and kill Bambi? it seems very obvious you have surely not hunted before. you might seriously give it a try and then tell us how easy it is.

before you flame on me, let me also say this. i too am an animal lover and killing for the sheer joy of killing is cruel and abusive IMO. hunting is a part of many of our members heritage. time was when hunting helped provide the food put on the table. many of us come from long generations of it. because of that heritage, we have become responsible and ethical hunters. killing only what we would use and doing it as quick and cleanly as possible. most hunters have huge respect for nature and their prey.
I like what axxe is saying, I am an animal lover but there is something called the food chain. Its a circle of life, one kills to survive. I think that druid is referring to poachers, not ethical hunters.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #54

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I would just like to say that pigeon shoots disgust me and are the most inhumane despicable act Ive ever witnessed (online). They leave the birds most times injured and left to suffer and toss them into a death pile.....flapping, rotting, and dying a slow painful death. That is not sport....its sick. People who indulge in that act should have their heads examined.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #55

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I hunt nuisance animals for sport, deer and hogs for meat. Prairie dogs, coyotes, crows, skunks, raccoons, squirrels all can be a nuisance and need to be thinned down. Squirrels became too numerous and ate a hole in my house, you bet a got my air rifle out a took care of the problem. I shoot at coyotes that kill my cousins and neighbor's calves.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #56

NOTE: Not that I agree with all his NRA bashing, at all...but this video is just the tip of the iceberg of pigeon shoots. They are absolutely disgusting, inhumane, and thrill kills.

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 02-26-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eSlL6jsWBc

NOTE: Not that I agree with all his NRA bashing, at all...but this video is just the tip of the iceberg of pigeon shoots. They are absolutely disgusting, inhumane, and thrill kills.
Note: that is not hunting, that is killing. No one here is condoning that.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #58

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I have a lot of friends who hunt. None of them will leave behind the kill or just kill "for the fun of it" If nobody will take the game, it doesn't get shot. As far as my sport, I shoot at those pesky "skeets", like the POTUS does with my shotgun(s) and steel and paper with the handguns. I do not oppose hunting, but I drive to the supermarket and do my hunting at the meat and deli counters.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #59

Agreed and sadly 95sniper, here in PA its still protected at private clubs in certain counties as an age old traditional "sport hunt"

These losers have no soul. There is no sport or honor in what they do.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I wouldn't kill an animal of I wasnt going to eat it.

Closed Thread