Hunting Rant - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hunting Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 03:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I agree about the so called hunting show obsenities. The practice of shooting a noble animal and then laughing and hooping and hollering like a bunch of drunk ninnies should be banned. I have yet to see a reverence given to the animal taken.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:35 AM   #12

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

ted nugents show "spirit of the wild" is the only hunting show i'll watch

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I love seeing the guys with they're fancy camo that set them back $500 and like you said $2000 and $1000 scopes then they get up in their wood stove heated 52" plasma HDTV heated toilet seat blind and set in the lazy boy till a deer walks by then they miss the dam thing because they only fired 3 shots with their rifle to "Confirm Zero"...

The worst hunting show I ever seen was a guy hunting buffelo here in the states He pulls up to a herd in a bright red ass pick up gets out with his custom built 45-110 Sharps rifle in his authentic custom tailored buck skin clothings and his authentic coon skin hat and walks up to one no more than 50 feet away blasts the SOB 3 times because he can't hit the side of an effing hill then jumps up and down hootin and goin on because he has such a great hunt.

These shows make me want to go kick them all right in the dam junk.
Once again tango has made me laugh.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I have seen a few on the internet and really got after the poster.

I also hang out at GGVG (Varmint hunters.com) and we had a guy there show up that was shooting a $4000 custom made 6.5mm muzzle loader he shot a deer at 950 yards and was jumping around and cussing like a sailor while the deer thrashed around on the ground taking over 5 minutes to die. You think you seen some scorched earth posts here HA I laid into him so bad on GGVG and THR I think he left both boards I know he left GGVG. The mods at THR told me to cool it or they would ban me I was not the only one who was highly

Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #15

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I often watch whitetail hunting shows.I often wonder where the flip these people are hunting,there will be like a dozen huge bucks,all with 8-10 point racks,and they are all passing good deer up because it isn't the biggest,or got the best rack,and they sit there with their huge scoped guns for several minutes,and when they do go for a shot,often miss.Where I am from here in michigan,a buck at all is a prize,you see one buck a day if your lucky,sitting for hours a day.Often hunters do not even get a shot.I would like to see a real show where you have to wait hours for a buck,move so carefully,because real wild animals don't stay still like on those hunting shows,and use open sights or a shotgun,which I don't think i've ever seen on a show.Iv'e seen big pistols with advanced scopes,but no hunters with an average open sight gun.Then there is the bow hunting shows,I am not into bow hunting,I have nothing against it,but I think a rifle is a better way to hunt.A rifle and a skilled hunter is the best way,a skilled hunter taking shots at short enough ranges to make a clean kill.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Personally, if it is a deer of any kind that they are killing, i don't care what they do or how they do it, as long as no humans are endangered. I think every licensed driver in the U.S. should be required to send $25 to their nearest deer hunter as a sponsorship. Would i be upset by some goofball making a fool of themselves over a dead or dying deer, not at all. I think the grass on the interstate medians should be poisoned to kill more deer. I have strongly considered purchasing a junker truck to drive in the fall & winter for the express purpose of mowing down every deer possible (modified bumper & grill guard of course). In summary, i hate deer and wish them all a slow and painful death, preferably at the hands of someone who enjoyed watching them die.

I'm not a big fan of coyotes either.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I like Nugent's Spirit OTW and Realtree roadtrips. About the only shows I'll watch.
No highfences, canned hunts, disrespect for the animal, or over-the-top product pushing. That $h1T makes me sick.
They have genuine enthusiasm and joy of being afield, They dont always get a kill, make a perfect shot, or have a perfect hunt. The first shows Ive seen where they actually blood trail animals and show missed shots and blown opportunities.
Uncle Ted's funny, definately not a trophy hunter, that guy will shoot anything
Lil cuz likes Jim Shockey. I havent got to watch yet.
My .02

Old 10-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #18

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I often watch whitetail hunting shows.I often wonder where the flip these people are hunting,there will be like a dozen huge bucks,all with 8-10 point racks,and they are all passing good deer up because it isn't the biggest,or got the best rack,and they sit there with their huge scoped guns for several minutes,and when they do go for a shot,often miss.Where I am from here in michigan,a buck at all is a prize,you see one buck a day if your lucky,sitting for hours a day.Often hunters do not even get a shot.I would like to see a real show where you have to wait hours for a buck,move so carefully,because real wild animals don't stay still like on those hunting shows,and use open sights or a shotgun,which I don't think i've ever seen on a show.Iv'e seen big pistols with advanced scopes,but no hunters with an average open sight gun.Then there is the bow hunting shows,I am not into bow hunting,I have nothing against it,but I think a rifle is a better way to hunt.A rifle and a skilled hunter is the best way,a skilled hunter taking shots at short enough ranges to make a clean kill.

Wow, lotsa opinion there, but no real proof of the best way to hunt, bow or rifle or shotgun or pistol.

I have not seen many hunting shows where they often miss....

What makes you think a better chance at one shot per kill is more likely or humane without a scope?

You don't hunt much, do you? I'm just sayin....

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #19

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Long-action rifle with a good scope. Everything else should be banned for big game.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I KNOW you're NOT serious about that!!! Especially in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
Long-action rifle with a good scope. Everything else should be banned for big game.