Hunting public land. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hunting public land.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce97 View Post
Anyone have any tips/suggestions about hunting public land. I'm in Illinios, but public land should be public land. I'm good with small game, but need some info on deer. Bow and Shotgun. Would like to start hunting again with the 2012 season. Thanks in advance for the info.
Where in Illinois? I know of some areas in the Western part of the state.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRhino View Post
In MA, we can't harvest the deer at a kill site, we have to drag it out whole and take it to a tagging station. Dragging a 180lb buck up hill ... both ways ... 3 miles, in the snow, with a gun ... sucks lol.
I'm surprised that the ruling class of Mess-of-2-sh1ts' libratards even allow hunting!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #13

Liked 1129 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce97 View Post
purehavoc. If that ? is towards myself. I am going to hunt state land in central ill. There are a handfull of sites around Peoria ill. As soon as the squirrel season opens back up, I am going to hit the woods. I believe that it be sometime in jan.
Yup that was for you ,
I ask because Im near the Clinton lake area . 18,000 acres to hunt , and in all honesty there hasnt been many hunters around the area hunting the public stuff like there has been in the past . I know peoria area has some great hunting areas also but i dont go over there

Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I'm surprised that the ruling class of Mess-of-2-sh1ts' libratards even allow hunting!
Well technically if you send Chicago back to Wisconsin where it came from, Illinois would allow for a CCW. The problem is that city. There are more people in Cook County (Chi-Town) than in the rest of the state. Once you get outside of the Chi-Town area its a really conservative state.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #15

Check out the state's DNR tables.

Illinois Public Hunting Areas Report

Member: